Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Best chocolatiers in Paris?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulkarn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Best chocolatiers in Paris? Reply with quote

Hi, I am hitting as many chocolate shops as possible before I return to the US next week. Dallyou, Jeff de Bruges, Michel Cloizel, Maison du Chocolate, Cocoa and Chocolate so far. Any others you can recommend? Many thanks.

By the way, l'Enoteca, an Italian bistro on rue charles V in the Marais is a real find.
minty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's Régis, on the Rue de Passy, in the 16th arrondissement : in my opinion, one of the best ! you also have in the same part of Paris a store called La Marquise de Sévigné , which is a mutli-brand outlet , on the place Victor Hugo - you have to try their gianduga umbrellas (I already mentionned those in the post called "favourite confectionery" or something like that... Very Happy
Rachel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre Marcolini is an absolute must (rue de Seine in the 6th, coincidentally near Gerard Mulot, who although he's primarily a patissier makes some very tempting-looking chocolates). And yes, do hit Cacao et Chocolat if you can - there are three shops if I remember correctly (Ile St-Louis, Marais and St-Germain), so you shouldn't have to go out of your way... though since when is looking for chocolate a chore? Wink Also, Mariage Freres sell some very nice tea-flavoured chocolate, if that's your sort of thing.
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should definitely add Patrick Roger, Michel Chaudun, Christian Constant, and Jean-Paul Hévin to your list. Happy sampling!

Last edited by clotilde on Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
bulkarn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks. May have to stay an extra week to sample all these new spots. I'm keeping notes and will give a review when I'm home and over jet lag.
Bespectacled Observer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Best chocolatiers in Paris? Reply with quote

bulkarn wrote:
Hi, I am hitting as many chocolate shops as possible before I return to the US next week. Dallyou, Jeff de Bruges, Michel Cloizel, Maison du Chocolate, Cocoa and Chocolate so far. Any others you can recommend? Many thanks.

By the way, l'Enoteca, an Italian bistro on rue charles V in the Marais is a real find.

Hi folks,
I have a similar query on French patissiers. I've been told I musn't miss out on Pierre Hermé and Sadaharu Aoki. Any others I should investigate?

Looking forward to your knowledgeable advice!
Wink
Randysea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit late in replying, having just arrived back in Paris a couple of days ago.

For anyone interested in finding chocolatiers throughout France, there is a unique guidebook for you. It is "Le guide du Club des Croqueurs de Chocolat" (2003 edition). It is available from amazon.fr. I got my copy in the book dept at the BHV across from the Hôtel de Ville for 18€.

I`m also a fan of the Maison du Chocolat, with several branches around Paris, all but one on the Right Bank.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: