Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

What is the single most amazing dish you've ever tasted?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: What is the single most amazing dish you've ever tasted? Reply with quote

Where was it? Was it at someone's home? in a restaurant? What was in it and why was it amazing?
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dinners we ate while travelling across the Simpson Desert in Central Australia - roast meat and vegetables cooked in a camp oven over the hot coals from an open fire. Red sand and wildflowers all around us.

The extra special ingredient - appetite!

http://www.eadelaide.com/gregmainhome/4wd.htm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dish that I have been thinking about recently is a carrot salad made by my host mother in Luxembourg (while I was a student studying there).

I have no way to contact her - but I loved the dishes she made each Thursday at lunchtime for her friends. It always involved wine and eating outside in her garden/patio. I truly wish I would have paid more attention to the recipes during that time!!
hiropy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: toros Reply with quote

now i work at parisserie.
recentry my chef has maken new cake"toros"
creme au beurre aux caramel sale and biscuit joconde noisette and ganache.

it's so delicious!!!!!

i love cakes

it makes me happy!
and i love to make it Very Happy
Jennifer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Morimoto Reply with quote

We went to Morimoto here in Philadelphia for Valentine's Day. I confess I went into the meal a little skeptical, just because there had been so much hype about the restaurant and its celebrity chef. My skepticism wasn't helped much by the ultra-hip atmosphere: neon-lit booths that changed color, generic techno music, and a giant lenticular portrait in the entryway.

However, the food made all of that worry melt away. We got the omakase, which was astoundingly good. The highlight of it, by far, was the kobe beef, which was sliced thin and served with the most perfect fois gras I've yet tasted on top. It literally brought tears to my eyes when I tasted it, it was so good.
stepheb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiropy,

You sound like my daughter - she always runs around singing, "I love cake! I love cake!" Laughing
hiropy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: cakes Reply with quote

i like to singing, too
everyday i work with singing! Razz
Caitlin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy wrote:

The extra special ingredient - appetite!

http://www.eadelaide.com/gregmainhome/4wd.htm

Everything tastes better when you're hungry or at the beach. ^_^

Hmmm.. not necessarily the best meal.. But a bread I ate in Switzerland after a long hiking trip. We went to an elderly couples cabin, and they served the most delicious bread. The name escapes me now, but it was very rich and moist, made with whole grains of wheat, barley and rye, held together with scarecly a modicum of crum.
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my husband to Il Jardino in Vancouver B.C. for his birthday a few months ago and had the best risotto. It had enoki mushroons, truffles and was topped with roasted quail. I enjoyed the quail, but I would sell my soul to get some of that risotto again. They also had a wonderful beef carpaccio.

"It's hot ham water."
Carliegirl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the single most amazing dish you've ever tasted? Reply with quote

I have to agree with another poster above and say that Kobe beef is out of this world. The best dinner I ever had was at the 1913 Room in Grand Rapids , Michigan. Kobe Beef served with potato puffs and morels. Incredible.
sobodda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it was not the kind of dish I usually order, I would have to say a seafood risotto in a trendy restaurant in Denver a few years ago (I have unfortunately forgotten the name of the restaurant). It had the perfect consistency, temperature and taste, but maybe what brings it to the top of my list was the black earthenware bowl it was served in - it was the perfect size and shape, and the feeling of my fork scraping the bottom made eating the dish an amazing experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: