Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

A Paris treat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
es220

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: A Paris treat Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm taking my neice to Paris for her 25th birthday the first week in April. Wink It will be her first time and although she is not a foodie I want her eating experiences to be super ones. This will all be so new to her that I'm sure no matter where we go she will be excited.

I would appreciate some suggestions for good restaurants, probably bistros, that won't break the bank! I know how bad the dollar is as my husband and I just returned from Italy. Mamma mia! Rolling Eyes

Also, any ideas about a special birthday meal. I've already been told about brunch at Le Grand Louvre and Kong because of the views. I think that Jules Verne would be too pricey.

Thanks.
Edna
Debbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked out the other topics started on this very subject? It might be worth while first so you are not getting the same info over and over.

Also what area are you staying in, what type of food do you prefer (modern, classic french, fusion etc)
es220

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Debbie,

We've rented an apartment in the 6th on the Rue Mazarine. All types of food are fine. I really don't enjoy fancy restaurants. I prefer local and good homecooking. They tend to be friendlier!

Thanks,

Edna
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely. You are nice and central there.

At teh Place de 18 juin 1940 (right in front of the shops at Montparnasse stqation) there is a little cafe called the Duchesse Anne. It has blue awnings and a man making crepes in teh front. Doesn't look very flash, but it is real home style cooking at reasonable prices and you will find it full of locals at lunchtime. They also do their own beer, loose leaf teas, and good coffee. Refils of hot water for your tea pot are free and given gladly.

For teh best galettes and crepes in PAris you can try Lepic Assiette on rue Lepic in Montmartre. Make sure you are hungry!! the portions are enormous.

rue des Rosiers in the Marais has great falafals.

Don't forget to take your passport to teh information counter in Galleries Lafayette and Printemps (the big dept stores) and ask for a discount card before you shop. It gives you 10% off and during certains months you will get a free gift with it as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: