Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

let's go to the movies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh that one's easy eileen...simply think of your top 5 films..and pick one from the list!...joyous flying...I alwys like a bit of humour in a plane..
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brokeback Mountain

Monster's Ball

Candy

Ned Kelly

I'm Not There

and over and over Brokeback Mountain...the particular energy he brought to Ennis...the embodiment of Ennis methinks...

will watch it this evening...
Griffin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, top 5 movies....

Casablanca 'We'll always have Paris...'

Cyrano de Bergerac 'Que le fin de l'envoi, je touche!'

The Big Lebowski 'The Dude abides, man.'

Adam's Rib - because it's just so funny!

Where the North Wind Blows - because it has beautiful Siberian Tigers in it!

Madame, no Shawshank Redemption?!
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin ma sweet...they weren't ma top 5...they were simply some Heath Ledger films...I watched Brokeback with a pal last night..we drank wine and watched and again marvelled at his depiction of Ennis..there he was in his early 20s ...that shuffling Ennis at the end...in the trailer...shuffling...in the trailer with the shirt and postcard and memory...
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.imdb.com/features/rto/2008/oscars

as much as it's razza matazarish....do love Oscar time...love the celebration of film...even with all the razza mataz...
harpospeaking

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly Reply with quote

Was anyone who's seen "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" as moved by the stunning visuals as much as I was? A remarkable story like that could have been really melodramatic, but this movie was funny and visually arresting, giving you a sense of Jean-Dominique Bauby's insatiable appetite for life and the sensual memories of landscapes, food and moments that kept him going.

http://onegirlonehouse.wordpress.com
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harpospeaking, it's coming to our little local cinema in a couple of weeks..I like to support it and have to wait a little while...

not sure if I wrote about '4' ~ I saw it a while back and got to see it again today. At one stage I found myself thinking "I'm seeing this film not only with my eyes, but with my ears" ~ 'twas that powerful.

a joyous mix of music and images...I fell in love with the world while watching this.

this link gives you an inkling...you might find it here, there, or anywhere..

Spring in Japan
Summer in Australia
Autumn in USA
Winter in Finland

and violinists to take your breath away...not only playing...we see them other than violinists...

scrumptious and heartjoying film

highly recommended..
will dvd buy...

some comments posted by regular cinema folk:
http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s1973532.htm
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wonder of The Diving Bell and the Butterfly ~ Mathieu Amalric's remarkable work...he, too, had to communicate via his eye ~ just as Jean-Dominque Bauby had to...the range of emotions we saw through that eye...very much had me thinking how I might have managed a similar situation...

Bauby was locked in..and still...he 'spoke' of memory and imagination...

powerful
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wrestler 'n the sheer brilliance of Mickey Rourke's performance. *****
David

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent last night cheering along Jamal (Dev Patel) in Slumdog Millionaire--a wonderful wonderful movie. Haven't seen The Wrestler yet, but I understand O'Rourke may be giving Sean Penn's Milk a run for his money. Penn was outstanding--but I'm a long standing fan of his brand of brilliance!
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, Slumdog Millionaire, Doubt, 'n Milk...on my must see soon list...

Saw Doubt as a play..gripping gripping gripping..'n from the trailer, Meryl looks just perfect for the role...my, isn't it fun+ to be around to see her work....

'n Mr Penn a smilin'...isn't that also a bit of fun...can remember when he was given the Oscar for his work in Mystic River, 'n thought he could have played that character in his sleep...21 Grams however...now I'd have given him the statue for that role...bravo Sean for that wonder..

wonder what it would be like to watch all three in the one day...rather like film festival time..in what order would I see them?

'n have just noticed Mickey R won the Golden Globe for his performance...as did Heath Ledger for his out-of-this-world take on The Joker..'n Kate Winslet must be rather chuffed..TWO Golden Globes!!!!
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slumdog Millionaire is excellent, a really good movie version of a really good story. Has anyone read the book it was based on? Q & A by Vikas Swarup.

Revolutionary Road is also very good, and Kate Winslet deserved the Golden Globe - an amazing performance.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy..a friend has lent me Q&A..'n as for dear Kate..methinks her acceptance speech was also an amazing performance Wink my oh my Katie! Big deep breath now...tad performancy I thought
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can imagine, Madame. I didn't see it.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jude...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efz6FtmvhJ8

watch and ...well just watch...

"You have no idea how much I'm not wrapping up."....says it all Katie...says it all...

It was like Melodrama Central...

'n she knew EXACTLY what she was doing...each and every breathy breath...she knew EXACTLY!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: