Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Paris in April - it's my turn!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Paris in April - it's my turn! Reply with quote

I know, I know, another thread on people visiting Paris.

It's okay, folks, I'm not asking for any tips on where to go, what to see or what to eat - I'll read all the other threads for that info. And hopefully get a copy of Clotilde's yet-to-be-published book before we fly out.

BUT!!!

We're flying into Paris on April 11th, flying out on April 30th and I'd love to meet any C&Zers who either reside there or just happen to be there during that time.

With our usual very elastic plans, we really don't know what we're doing yet, but we'll be staying with a friend and her family who live near Sacre Coeur.

So, any or all suggestions for a meet-up would be gratefully accepted.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray!!!!

That is right near me, It will be a treat to talk face to face instead of on the phone!

Are you going to do ANZAC Day while here? It is a big anniversary year this year and there will be a major ceremony at Villiers-Bretoneau. PM me for more details if you want. We are going out there for the ceremony and the knees up afterwards.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another trip to Paris! Oh dear I guess I'll just have this greenish hue forever--I wish it really was a matter of "taking turns", Judy!
I've lost track of the travels here, (although it seems like everybody eventually meets Debbie!)
--have you been before? Are your sons going also?
Barbara

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jude how fabulous. I'm green with envy. Have fun.
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy,

Debbie is such a fun person to meet. The next time I go to Paris, I will make sure she is notified in advance. With the Euro being so strong and the dollar in the pits, I haven't really thought of planning one although I am soooo suffering from Post Paris Depression!

Have fun planning and have even more fun doing enjoyable things in Paris with Debbie!

Lilia
swan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE-WILL-HAVE-TO-MEET!!!!

HOW WONDERFUL!!

Will you be in Paris the whole time? I will definitely find a day or two(or three or four ) to fly or train down and meet you - how 'bout in the Starbucks Smile.

Yey, wonderful to meet you guys again!!
Judy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, you're way ahead of me - I only realised we'd be there for Anzac Day after we booked the tickets. Will definitely be in touch about getting together and attending the ceremony at Villiers-Bretoneau.

SWAN!!!!! Yes, please, please come to Paris. It would be fantastic to see you again. (Hey, David, what do you have planned for April? Laughing Surely you could squeeze a quick trip to Paris into your schedule. And I'm giving you more notice than when we were in NY .... go on, you know you want to)

Gingerpale, Barbara, Lilia - thanks. I haven't visited France before, so it's all very exciting. I'm really looking forward to it all - Paris, meeting friends, making friends, the food, everything. Only Greg and I, no kids, no bikes, no kayaks. It's kind of a 50th birthday trip for Greg - his b'day is in early April and he doesn't want a party, but really, it's just a great excuse to travel. As if we needed one!

David

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now don't tempt me!!!! I'm vaguely planning Paris for October---I think there should be a 5th birthday party around that time---but Paris in April would be wonderful! SWAN-------girl where have you been! Our penguin princess has not yet graced us with her tales!!

Greg cannot be anywhere near 50! Should easily make 100 then.
swan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where I have been?I'm still there...in DENIAL!!!!!

don't want to have anything to do with real life and the modern world...where are my penguins?!?!?!!
(hope to 'land' soon - don't worry...)

oh yes, David, PLEASE come in april?!?!?
Griffin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... real life....? No, you lost me. What exactly is this 'real life' of which you speak? Actually, don't tell me, I prefer not to know just in case.

I'm not saying I'll be in Paris in April in case events conspire against me. But I'm definitely aiming at it. I keep missing too many visitors... and I haven't even met Debbie, Wayne and Guy yet. I will have to try sooo hard not to take Guy home with me... or Debbie will hunt me down!!! Shocked

Thing is I want to stay at L'Hotel and it's expensive... but it's where Oscar Wilde stayed and it looks so fabulous. I may have to settle for Madame Miggins' hotel over ye pie shoppe... sigh!
simona

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L'Hotel!!!! I love your style, dear Griffin! And with the Beaux- Arts just across the corner , modeling might be an option ..
It is expensive indeed ( but what importance has money where beauty is involved..)and incredibly elegant inside, though small. I had the luck to visit the premises with my journalist of husband who shamelessly used his press card to ask for a small guided tour inside the Hotel . The idea was mine ( he was not a tourism journalist), I dreamt for year to go in .. since I was a student in Paris in the 70', living nearby .
After the tour, I asked politely permission to go to the ladies' room. The very nice lady who accompanied us excitedly told us that just two days before, Robert De Niro just popped in asking for the men's room.. Me and De Niro.. the world is small indeed! Wink
Hope you will all meet in Paris in April.

No more war. Peace summit in L'Hotel!!!!
nutellawunder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only a silent reader here, but: I'd be more than glad to meet up and show you around a little - maybe even throw a "choclate and zucchini" party while you're there?

There is never enough occasions for inviting people over for some good food Wink

I've only moved to Paris two years ago and still fall in love with the city a little more every day - so any "excuse" for tourism is always welcome Wink

Nicole
Donna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Judy, how wonderful for you and Greg! Yes, I aree with Lilia about the post-Paris Depression (PPD)! I am only now beginnging to come down to Earth. I still dream of Paris occasionally. It was the week of a lifetime for me!

And yes, meeting Debbie and Wayne was right up there at the top of the wonderful things we did while in Paris! They are brilliant hosts! I am so hoping that I can get them over this way and host them here! If only to meet Zeus, my furbaby!

I hope you have as marvelous a time as I did! Cool

Last edited by Donna on Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rainey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh how wonderful for you! And how nice for me that there are a few others sporting this shade of green so I don't feel quite so alone.

Even if some of us are left behind, it's always kind of exciting when someone somewhere is making the real life connection. Makes it all so much more real.

Have a great time and spare no detail on your return! Wink
Judy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicole what an amazingly generous offer, I'd love to meet you and if you need an excuse to host a gathering, a C&Z get-together in Paris would have to be right up there on my list of 'Best Excuses for Almost Anything'.

In another thread, NotQuiteJuneCleaver has mentioned that she'll be in Paris in mid-April as well. And Debbie is already there .... and Swan is coming for a visit. And David Question and Griffin Question

Who else is ..... or will be in Paris around April 13 - 14?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: