Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Kitchen controversy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your fridge - when you see the right picture, you'll know it and will be a perfect fit!
Donna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have a very "anal" cousin who has a ton of grandkids and all her pics are in magnetic frames lined up like soldiers in a drill formation on the door of the fridge! They actually took a magnet to buy a fridge, so concerned were they with the ability to place the magnetized frames on the door! Rolling Eyes

Anyway - I could kind of see where you were going with this, Rainey. How about something above the water dispenser, in the already created frame?
ericajones80

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the fridge....definitely frame it
Rainey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love hearing about your fridges!

The thing is, it wasn't so much about having something on the door. ...tho, now that I've thought of it I'll continue to think of it as an opportunity. It was about having that specific image in the kitchen and at eye level where you could belly up to it and see how the paper fibers form the squashes.

But I have so very little wall space. I'll have to find it another home. It came, after all, from the dining room that is now a family room.

Since all the construction I've got piles of things that came off the walls that are looking for new homes. But I'm still trying to return things to whatever "normal" is and after I've lived with it I'll probably have better ideas about where things will work best.

Thanks for all your ideas and keep the family fridge stories coming! Wink
Barbara

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey you could always stand it on a small easel or cook book stand on the bench if you don't have any wall space. I'd love to see a close up of the picture and see how it is constructed.
Rainey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the woman who sent me the lovely and the softest tea towels I've ever owned, anything! Wink

It was done by Michiko Miyazaki of Vancouver. Here's as close as I can get with my camera:

And here're a couple details:

You can also go to the hosting site and pull up larger images if you click on the pix and then "All Sizes". http://www.flickr.com/photos/75667634@N00/sets/72157604077552439/
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh you gem Rainey...it's like being there..in your kitchen
Barbara

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rainey. I love it. A bit like paper mosaics then. One Easter I had to present an activity to a group in my son's school as part of parent involvement day. I dyed egg shells in different colours, broke them into small pieces and had the children make mosaic pictures. Every kid in the class wanted to be in my group.!

I'm glad you like the tea towels.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara honey...I want to be in your group Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: