Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

frozen in grand central station...jealous me!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much fun does it look!!!!

I loved the poor guy on the luggage truck who was radioing for help and pleading that something be done..... then everyone moves and he says, don't worry it's all ok. Can you imagine what was going through his brain.

Can't stand still that long I'm afraid. I always get an itchy eye, or nose, or neck or something that makes me desperate to move - even though there is no reason why I should have an itch... Laughing I just don't know how to sit still for that long, let alone stand still!
Barbara

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I want to do that.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie ...you simply would have to sort of fall down with your head in your hands somehow or other....so you could sort of itch in secret Wink ...or you could stage manage Wink

ok Barbara! you're on ma dear...I doth believe the wondrous Griffin will organise something in Paris...now, along with Debbie

joyous and frozen hugs
Griffin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, no kneeling, no standing where you have to scratch...!! I suggest a gathering of people in one place who sing the same song at the same time and then walk away as if nothing had happened.

Or, a few people passing through one place and then suddenly staging a specific scene from a specific movie before moving on.

That way, Lilia wouldn't have to kneel and Debbie could scratch that itch!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara wrote:
Oh I want to do that.
Barbara I suddenly got a mental pic of you, alone, suddenly immobile while grocery shopping or something!

There would be a great difference in the mind of the public watching just one person freeze as opposed to hundreds. Kind of a scary notion, actually--if lots do it, it's OK. If one individual does it--they're nuts?

Griffin, what song, which scene??
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerpale darlin'..the idea of the solo freeze...!!!! for some it would be a walk in the park...for others? terrifying...

it reminds me a little of a chat I had with my dear sis in law Michelle...she hates hates hates speaking in public..as in to a crowd of people..yet can make any difficult phone call you care to even imagine...so here's the thing...I could address The United Nations, yet put off a difficult phone call for 7 centuries...she can do the phone call, yet under NO circumstanes will she walk up to that podium in NYC!

one man's meat is.....

Griffin..love the idea of the grand song gig...oh and scene from movie...guess it almost depends on the size of the crowd...or I guess you could break the crowd into pairs and do it that way...comedy is always fun...
sweetbabyjames

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another one from Improv Everywhere - a musical. This is so hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkYZ6rbPU2M
David

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbj!!!! That is soooooooooo much fun. I'm sure it is something that could only happen in L.A. or New York!!
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

especially love the reactions...the guy leaning over...goodness knows what's going on in his head...he ain't one bit interested!

I just KNEW the security guy would be in on it!

how much fun..
Griffin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was something similar on the BBC's Culture Show recently when in Liverpool, dancers suddenly appeared and just - danced! For about five/ten minutes or so and then dispersed into the crowd. The first one they showed was two ballroom dancers doing an elegant dance in full evening dress. Quite wonderful to see people's reactions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: