Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Egg substitutes in Paris?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randysea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Egg substitutes in Paris? Reply with quote

Anyone know of a place to buy Egg Beaters or a similar, no-cholesterol product I can make an erzatz omelet with?

Thanks.
Debbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that they exist here, but if they do I would say they would be at a health food type store (Naturalia, Clair et vie etc etc)

Otherwise you will have to just substitute the egg whites for whole eggs. The whites have no cholesterol in them so it will be ok dietary wise.
eannd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked for egg substitutes when I first moved here about a year and half ago and never found them. Egg whites it is...

In the same vein, I have not managed to find cooking spray here except at the Real McCoy (have not been to the Thanksgiving shop in the Marais) at something like 8 or 9 euros a can...
Randysea

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
I don't know that they exist here, but if they do I would say they would be at a health food type store (Naturalia, Clair et vie etc etc)

Otherwise you will have to just substitute the egg whites for whole eggs. The whites have no cholesterol in them so it will be ok dietary wise.

At your suggestion, I tried Naturalia. They didn't think egg substitutes exist in France. I have thought of the egg white idea, though whatever awful chemicals they put in Egg Beaters do make them more suitable for cooking.

Oh, well, it isn't serious. I had hoped to surprize a friend with a smoked salmon omelet, but instead I made smoked salmon "sandwiches" using lettuce rolled up instead of bread.

Incidentally, I brought the smoked salmon - wild Alaskan king - with me from Seattle. In the Pacific Northwest we subscribe to the motto: "Friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon." That would be an impossibility to follow in Europe, of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: