Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

the condiment gun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: the condiment gun Reply with quote

http://www.firebox.com/product/2089

ah what next! gun-shaped coffins? gun-shaped coffee tables? oh I've an idea gun-shaped pillows..'n think of the fabric that could be used as covers...

'n this on the day I read of the school in South Georgia...a group of elementary school children was upset because their teacher a student for standing on a chair....so a plot was plotted to hit her over the head with a glass paperweight...handcuff her...'n then knife her..each of the group was given a job..some to cover the windows..and so on...

dunno about violence...'n from where it comes..still and all those exploding stars out there are pretty wild aren't they..

'n then, I guess, there'd be folk who'd say...loosen up gal!
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'm partial to the Sharp Shoot'in Remote Control. . . who thinks up this stuff?
Urban Outfitters sold sparkley gun Christmas ornaments. Now that's class.

"It's hot ham water."
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin, I can remember travelling in the States a few years back..Christmas time...'n there they were...fairy lights ..wait for it...in the shape of bullets...ah...such a hunting shop it 'twas...I'd gone into the shop out of curiosity..
Nicki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For goodness sake...what is the world coming to? I almost cried on the Tube yesterday, reading an article in the paper about a teenager who had been jailed after being found carrying a semiautomatic machine gun. Absolutely shocking

Please forgive me Simona, for stealing your catchphrase style... No more guns, more condiments!!
Griffin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... is this proof that guns will have you in a pickle?!

I have never liked guns - ever. The only thing I have ever fired was wit. Ok, not necessarily good wit, but wit nonetheless! Wink

Nicki,

The world has always been violent. In the 18th century young men were often known as blades for their swords and the use of them. In the 17th century... well the musketeers weren't known for their sunday school picnics... except for one during a battle in a ruined castle and then it was only four of them... Nowadays, it's kids thinking they will get 'respect' if they have a gun. How they could mistake fear and disgust for respect is beyond me but there it is.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin, I agree..'bout the world...my papa often bemoans the violence of our days...I remind him 'tis no different from any other time....'tis simply that we know about it more...it's reported, youtubed, rehashed, booked and so on...

golly the Tevere often ran blood red...

perhaps the difference is more and more people are reflecting on violence...maybe more and more are lighting candles in whatever form......imagining the other...that is candle lighting...imagining the other..

shall we, on this condiment thread imagine the other...every bit helps methinks..

ok, after two, one two...IMAGINE!
ah..'tis done and the wondrous energy begins its work of wonder...
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, and I hope that you are right in that more people are reflecting on the violence.
When I was in the seventh grade a ninth grader brought an uzzi to school and when I was in high school it was a sawed off shotgun. No one was ever hurt, but how and why did they get them?
My cousin and her entire family were taken by gun violence. All too recently I lost two friends to a gun wielding maniac. All of these incidents happened in suburban or rural areas, not in some rough neighborhood. I'll never understand it, just as I'll never think a gun is adorable enough to hang on my tree or shoot condiments out of.

"It's hot ham water."
David

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except for duck hunters---in all of my 56 years I have never ever heard a gun fired!
Griffin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Except for duck hunters---in all of my 56 years I have never ever heard a gun fired!

Yes, I also find that there is a lot to be said for hiding! Especially if you're a duck! Or you're hunting with Dick Cheney!!

It is interesting to me that if someone in Britain is shot - it's still national news. Guns are banned here unless there is an extremely good reason to have one. You have to prove why you need a gun in the first place. The majority of our police also still don't carry a gun. There is a specific unit that has them, but the main part of our police force don't carry guns.
Nicki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thank God for that
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah..Dick Cheney..ah..Denny Crane..ah Boston Legal

the episode where the boss told them they'd have to come to a party dressed as someone they admire..

Denny rocks up as Dick Cheney

Paul: Denny, it's supposed to be somebody you admire.
Denny: (dressed in camo hunting garb, shotgun over his shoulder) Anybody who can blast his friend in the face and get him to take the rap for it is my kind of citizen!

tried to find a photo..alas...

Alan came as Shirley..looking amazingly like Candice Bergen!

my jaws ached from laughing that night..
simona

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicky, you are forgiven. It's not "my phrase" actually, I've stolen (adopted Wink) it ...
I told it's origin somewhere in the forums : This were the words Israeli Prime Minister Begin said when Egypt 's President Anwar Saadat came to visit Israel in 1977 , the first step towars peace between the two countries. Peace was signed, but Saadat paid his courage and vision with his life, assasinated by "patriotic" islamic fundamentalists. Nothing new under the sun...
And Griffin is of course right: violence is inherent in human nature, alas. The 20th century was the most deadly one in history , with two WW
( what, about 60 millions dead?) , a holocaust , at least two genocides (Armenia and Cambodia) , two atomic bombs, uncountable war zones stricken by hunger and random killings ( Biafra, Bangaladesh, Rwanda , just to mention a few) . And the ultimate invention of the last century ( faring well in the 21st) - terrorist attacks and suicide bombing of civilians, the more killed the better.
All that just to say that a mustard/ketchup "gun" doesn't really shock me-
it's just bad taste IMO but no harm is done,... especially if the mustard is of good quality..

No more war, let's destroy the real guns!!!
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simona, have just read your post..am almost awake! a late night Wink

I got to thinking about what used to be placed in some parks in Australia, years back. Cannons. Real ones. We would climb all over them. That might be the trick ...to transform their use. Perhaps swords into condiment guns. Salvador Dali would help us with the ploughshares+condiment guns concept.

Dear old Mr. Niccolò Machiavelli wrote, "There is no wall, whatever its thickness that artillery will not destroy in only a few days."

ok then thought the architects of the times..we'll design star forts..they'll stop the artillery...cannons and such

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Fortbourtange.jpg
days of delight...so close methinks...around the next corner in the cosmos we all travel together..

(by the way Simona..the stamps are stocking up Wink )
Nicki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we disagree...there were more than 2 world wars (the DRC) and Rwanda was more than the old "poverty+random killing" equation. It was, and the Sudan conflict is a genocide. Violence IS inherent in human nature, but not on a daily basis.

Guns don't kill people, people do....but guns sure help A LOT
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/pinker07/pinker07_index.html

Steven Pinker..on the history of violence...worth a read if you're interested in the topic..(among other things, you learn of cat-burning in 16th century Paris ~ 'n the idea that we are becoming more peacefilled)

here's to peace on Earth in all its wonder..and joy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: