Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Bretagne/Brittany in May

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simona

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Bretagne/Brittany in May Reply with quote

We plan, my husband and I, - health permitting- , to tour Bretagne in the second half of May. We've been many times in St. Malo, Dinard and vicinity, but never ventured in "deep" Brittany. We'll have a car, departing from Paris and we plan about 8-10 days net in Brittany. I wold be very thankful of any tips concerning good restaurants, out-of the way attractions, non- touristic hotels or pensions, anything interesting you may like to share. Thanks.

No more war, more breton crepes !!!
simona

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey friend, I could use a little help there Sad ! Brittany , please....
Thanks

No more war, more tips for Bretagne!!
cigalechanta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Brittany Reply with quote

In Pont Aven. the Moulin de Rosemedec/
In Belon (famous for their oysters) Chez Jacky for seafood and Chez Angele for crepes.
simona

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Cigalechanta, I spotted the Moulin de Rosemedec, we even consider spending 2 nights in one of their rooms. Belons in Belon, of course, thanks for the addresses! Maybe we'll stop in my beloved Cancale on the way, and have some oysters down in the port, on the seashore.

No more war, more oysters!
rachael24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know how everything turns out if you can. My husband and I were thinking about taking a trip in that area next year. Thanks!
cutty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coastline round from Paimpol to Perros Guirrec (sp?) has stunning pinky-red rocks and Paimpol makes a good place to stay. There are some wilder and less populated beaches around Locquirec (which has an extremely posh looking hotel, the Grand Hotel Des Bains, which was too rich for our blood) while nearby Morlaix has a very large saturday market.

Further South, there are some lovely tranquil small towns such as Baden and Arradon near to Vannes (itself a very nice large town with a great market twice a week). In the same area is an amazing beach in Locmariaquer: when the tide is right, there are tons of people gathering oysters. Near to Baden and Arradon, there is a Michelin guide listed creperie (http://www.creperie-keroyal.com) that offers excellent crepes (including the regular but never to be passed by apples with salty caramel).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: