Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

two little girls and The Olympics Opening Ceremony

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: two little girls and The Olympics Opening Ceremony Reply with quote

http://news.smh.com.au/world/olympic-child-singing-star-revealed-as-fake-20080812-3u34.html

more and more and more I'm feeling this gig should end after London...as the original Olympics had a life and stopped...so, perhaps should this one...

the sports folk can have their world championships...

'n the zillion $ thing that the Olympics have become can be but a distant memory...sooner than later for me...please
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/olympics/article4512250.ece
look adorable to me.

If we end the Olympics, can we then maybe only have Chri$tma$ once every 4 years, then phase it completely out too?
Griffin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, as a sports-hating atheist, I would quite happily go with both of these being phased out... but I doubt it will happen.

I would love Chri$tma$ to revert to the old pagan festival of Yule or Jul tho'. In the dark of the season we need lights and sparkle. We don't need expensive gift-giving, over-eating, family stuffed together in one house, type nonsense. Ok, maybe the over-eating, but not the rest!!

I would quite happily see the end of the Olympics after China. There are countless number of arts institutions that have had money shifted from them by national government to the Olympics. I would humbly (but not that humbly!) suggest that we need more civilising thoughtful influences rather than the over competitive human-kill-human kind of influences the Olympics continues. After all, the original games were to train and encourage the citizen for war.
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yawn - can someone wake me when Beijing is over please?

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Barbara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with the Olympics you have to pick and choose what you watch. A lot is boring but I never imagined how much I would enjoy syncronised diving until I happened to see it and nw I'm addicted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: