Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Introductions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that for some reason almost everyone here is complacently stating his/her age. Just so you know--David started it! Evil or Very Mad

hey david, quit that!
a general decade would do
a general gentle decade
or, drop a year or two

life within a general decade
fuzzy numbers life renew
blurry fading absent numbers
is that a 7, or a 2?
Griffin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin,

Quote:
I am pretty fabulous. . . and full of sarcasm.

You are pretty fabulous... and at the moment, from what I read on your blog, mostly full of cheese!!

Ahem, this is Erin.

A 29 year old blogger, cook, dog walker and all round good egg. A wit like a razor, eyes like a hawk and with a very lucky man (he has her love). An enigma, wrapped in velvet and silk and fab shoes - utterly gorgeous in other words.
La NiƱa del pimiento

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also Erin, a 21 year old food fanatic from Albuquerque, New Mexico. I have been to Europe three times and lived in Granada, Spain last year and returned for a month visit this year. It was there that I was forced to cook and fend for myself and fell in love with European cuisine.

I discovered chocolate and zucchini by watching the today show and am beginning to discover the food blog world! Incredible I must say and quite inspiring. I love organic, local, and seasonal foods. I try to stay away from too much meat but love fish! I have the biggest sweet tooth fathomable.

I love to knit, cook, read, run, hike, camp, dance flamenco, and speak Spanish and Italian. French is next!

I am currently doing a double major in Spanish literature and political science with a minor in Italian, although I am really not sure where that will take me...hopefully where I can speak another language and always be cooking.

Ciao!
Comet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good! I found the introductions bit!
I'm from Sydney, Australia and am actually pretty new to the whole forum thing. Basically the desire to learn more about cooking has lead me to this site. I am definately a lover of food but maybe not yet a lover of cooking. I feel I can be though, so here I am!

Talk soon I guess.
dory

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also new to the forum, and I have been writing a lot-- partly because I love to cook and to eat, partly because this group of people is really interesting and engaging, and partly because I am in competition for being the world's oldest assistant professor (in my 50s) and am procrastinating from writing academic articles.

I live in the beautiful Great Lakes region of the U.S. and I live with two Shih-Tzu dogs(clipped, as they are rough and tumble outdoor dogs), one young and one very old (17), who take me all over the countryside for walks in all kinds of weather, and a husband who does the same. I don't always make fancy foods, but I buy fresh and natural food and cook almost everything from scratch. I am very comforted that someone on this forum had a dog live until 20 (although I am sorry for the loss) because I am hoping to keep my very elderly friend a little longer.

Dory
Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness, how do we top Erin's bio?!?! I loved it!

Maybe I should get Griffin to write mine too? Or maybe Madame can do it in haiku.

I am an Australian living in Paris. Over 35 but under 45 years of age (how's that for "blurring the lines").

Have a husband and a gorgeous cat.

Currently studying to turn my BA into a BSc... yes I am insane... Laughing

Love cooking and eating and inventing new taste sensations. Also photography, painting, drawing, sewing and reading... oh, and my cat.

Travel frequently and all over the place. Collect tea accessories and books, and a close third is antique or old and quaint cookware and accessories.

I "disappear" every now and then when exam time comes around or I have huge dissertations to write.... or when I go travelling or working.... much prefer the last two reasons though.

My husband says I should include fiesty, funny and fabulous.... but I think he is biased Wink
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a haiku bio? consider it done Dear Deb Wink

The Debbie Dame

considers Earth home
energy particular
cats love words 'n such
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, mine is quite good, thanks Griffin! I think I want a haiku bio as well.

"It's hot ham water."
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin, wishes often come true:

The 3.49 pm Erin bio haiku

kuldinas to know
vol au vent of Oregon
endive story gal
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Thank you Madame.

My very own haiku. A very special moment.

Maybe I can commission Griffin to write it up in calligraphy and I can keep it as a lovely momento of a gorgeous friend.

bisous Madame
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww. . . thanks Madame. I do love a haiku.

"It's hot ham water."
dory

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: age Reply with quote

Erin,

I had thought of not stating my age, because I was worried I might be older than most on the forum. Then I decided that aging is something that happens to most of us (the alternative is much much worse) and that I might as well get used to it, suck it up and every other cliche I could think of, and at least admit to a decade. Ha! So there! You will all (y'all will if I were from the South which I am not, being from pretty darn close to Canada) get where I am in time. OF course by then my laptop may be anchored to my laptop in the nursing home, but I can fantasize about feasts from the past while reading about you cooking. I now force myself to tell people my age, which I do in memory of my mom who refused to talk about the topic, even when she was as young as 35.

Dory

P.S. I can't write poetry about it, but I can be verbally sill;y.
Sarape

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a while so I'll mention a couple things for the new members. I was a regular contributer a few years ago before I "retired" in 2004. Since then, I haven't spent much time on-line.

I'll be 49 in two weeks. Still single of course, since no normal woman could live with my quirks as some here would know.

Still think the most perfect food is an corn dog.

All is well with me. Still in Alabama, still gardening, still making my "gruel" which is basically oatmeal, cornmeal, brown rice, milk, 1-egg, cube of dark chocolate, salt, paprika, cumin, onion powder, etc.

I started investing in stocks 15 months ago at the zenith of the market. Sad
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Sarape, nice to see you posting here again.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
melinda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Sarape, it has been a long time....glad you r doing well....welcome back
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: