Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Romain Duris, Moliere, 'n that astounding horse scene

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Romain Duris, Moliere, 'n that astounding horse scene Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO9CAUGbx2g

I wonder how we'd go if asked to be a horse..what personality would we give our chosen horse..mine would be racing along a beach..there'd be water a splashing...'n fun...equine frolic..that means I'd have to get a little fitter than at present..

'though I could be an older horse...at the beach...not necessarily speedy Wink

For me it was sheer wonderment to see Duris in that scene...'acting is a profession of sensitivity' indeed!

many many and a few more many years back I was in an acting class...we were each given an animal to interpret...can remember a guy as an eagle..can still recall how I felt watching him...almost forgot that I was watching a human...somehow he managed to get on top of a cupboard...he somehow flew...he had us seeing an eagle..remarkable..saw Springsteen do something similar on stage in Sydney..how he got on top of those speakers I'll never know..he ran...energy took him there...

'n those boots Duris is wearing...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am a boot gal from way back..any period..there's something about boots
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most common question asked among my friends when we were children was, "want to play horses?"

"It's hot ham water."
gingerpale

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame what a great find--almost called Rich into the room to watch, but no, we're getting a new computer screen tomorrow (big and flat, not short and fat) he will see it then!

Erin I played only house, not horses--somehow I don't think you mean the basketball horse, or the card game horse--how do kids play horses?
Erin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For us it entailed a herd of horse crazy girls and one boy galloping around the playground, fighting over the prettiest names and whinnying frequently. Not quite so pretty.

"It's hot ham water."
cigalechanta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Madame, that was a wonderful scene.
I'd like to be one of those semi-wild white horses in the Camargue, France. Seeing a herd them in the wild racing, is breathtaking to this city person.
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw Springsteen do something similar on stage in Sydney..how he got on top of those speakers I'll never know..he ran...energy took him there...

Madame, I remember Peter Garrett used to do a similar thing, long before he became Federal Minister for the Environment, of course!

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Barbara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We played horses at school too. It involved a lot of running and racing around the playground whinnying.

I remember that scene from the movie.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing horses... reminds me of the time Sieg and I were in Osnabruck ~ Germany...he was born nearby...

The city is where the Peace of Westphalia was signed in 1648. It's now a centre for peace...each year a particular grade (primary school...children of maybe 9 or 10..this from memory!) 'n again from memory..make hobby horses...I've a little pin from there..a little hobby horse....the idea is that children ..of a particular age will have a special year..to think of peace..it becomes special...

the peace handle of Osnabruck:

here's to playing horses and joy...
Pesto Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin, my question was only slightly different..........Wanna horse around?? Wink Wink Twisted Evil
sweetbabyjames

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I needed that.
Griffin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Erin, my question was only slightly different..........Wanna horse around??

Ah, pesto with a devilish hint of chilli!! Laughing

I also love boots, knee-high, flat-heeled. I have the luck to have feet just small enough to fit women's boots. As the only decent boots are made for women these days, I have three pairs of boots - riding boot styled. They remind me that boots were originally menswear and like Duris, I would love a pair of boots like those worn by men in the 17th century. I quite liked his shirt too... and the other guy's jacket!

I always preferred to play at being a cat... and sleeping a lot!! Tho' if I were a horse, I would be either a Mustang or a Camargue horse. Something wild and free is always preferable.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin...perhaps a modernday Rosa Bonheur might paint thee!
Griffin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Griffin...perhaps a modernday Rosa Bonheur might paint thee!

Hmm, now there's a thought. Rosa Bonheur would be great at painting me if I were a horse, or even George Stubbs who did the famous horse portrait of Whistlejacket at the National Gallery in London. I imagine all those horses being portrayed in all their glory by Bonheur or Stubbs. It is finally true that a horse lives in the National Gallery!!

But if I were a cat, then it would have to be Theophile Steinlen... or maybe Kathleen Hale who did the Orlando the Marmalade Cat books I read as a child. Or even Beatrix Potter whose 'Tailor of Gloucester' was a favourite book and still is.
Erin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pestoman, "ha ha ha snort!"

Barbara, no wonder I like you so much.

"It's hot ham water."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: