Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Ricky Gervais, Ian McKellen...Extras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Ricky Gervais, Ian McKellen...Extras Reply with quote

Saw'Gods and Monsters' this evening..golly can't recall the first time I saw it...again and again I marvel at McKellen on screen..

'n all that got me thinking of McK in Extras..wondered if the clip was on Youtube..of course it is...here for your enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43sbtkQM6zc

"Sir Ian Sir Ian Sir Ian"

Gervais wonder wordman!
Jennifer K

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a soft spot for Ian McKellen because when I was a college student, I sent him a few fan letters (the only person I've ever sent those letters to) and he ALWAYS wrote me back. It was so exciting!! He drew little pictures of Shakespeare on his letters.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer K..I love such stories..Barbara wrote to MFK Fisher...'n a reply came..

mine is a Brett Whiteley story..once wrote to him ... 'n a reply came..

there's something powerful a happening when Ian McK is on the screen..as though he was meant to be there...bliss methinks..

any chance you could take a photo of one of his Shakespeares?...'n post it for us..would love to see it..
Jennifer K

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love stories like that too; it's so nice when someone you admire turns out to be gracious enough to write back!

Ian McKellen is a wonderful actor. I would love to post a pic of his Shakespeare drawing, but I moved to France a few months ago, only taking what would fit in my suitcases with me. I have my McKellen letters safely stashed away, but I don't know when I will be able to retrieve them. Sorry about that!
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then Jennifer K..I'll simply have to imagine the drawings..

where in France are you?
Jennifer K

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about 45 minutes by train from Paris (southeast from Paris). I'm looking for an apartment closer to the city. I want to be closer to the action!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: