Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Sault Ste. Marie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dory

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have run into black bears many times in the woods. I used to canoe a lot in the Lake Superior area. They have always run away when they saw me.

YOu should explore the whole UP which has a lot of beautiful areas, and cute little touristy restaurant. I remember having lunch in a tea shop in Houghton which I liked a lot, but I can't remember if it was the atmosphere or the food. Probably the former, but then who cares. It was unique-- not a chain store, and cute and fun. Northern Michigan University is in Marquette which makes it a center of culture to some degree. They have a natural foods coop in Marquette which has a center of information for locally produced food in the UP. Distances are not really small in that area of the country, but unless you are in a blizzard (not unusual because of the very heavy snow there) the countryside is so beautiful that driving can be a pleasure.

Dory
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the idea of all that snow. The one flaw about the PNW is the lack of snow, I think it would be fun to live somewhere with real winters. Besides, it would give me an excuse to buy more cute winter clothing.

"It's hot ham water."
dory

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, the Great Lakes are so lovely-- especially the northern part. I know the Pacific Ocean has a lot going for it, but the Great Lakes and all of that unspoiled forest give the Pacific Northwest a lot of competition in the natural beauty department. If you have to be transferred there are a lot worse places.

Dory
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: