Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Paris research.........all things food!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raniroo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Paris research.........all things food!!!! Reply with quote

I have been a reader of C&Z for a long time now, but only just started reading the forums....at the moment I am living and breathing my plans for a trip to Paris in March....and doing lots of research. I am a huge foodie and I can't wait! I was so excited to see the recent Bizarre Foods, Paris episode only to jump up excitedly when Clotilde was on (I had no idea)...so back onto the blog and forums.

I visited Paris 10 years ago nearly to the month, when I was young and not as interested in Paris as much as I should have been....so, I decided to book myself 5 nights in Paris. Staying in the Marais district.....

After reading the forum's and various other recommendations and sites, I decided to try out Le Comptoir.....I was not going to book until I got to Paris, but decided it better to check....to find that there can be months of waiting I am glad I did.....I managed to get a table for one outside for one night only that I am there! Lucky I rang now!!!!! Yes I will freeze but it so will be worth it, just to savour a 5 course meal prepared by one of the best! mmmmmm.....now I just have to wait out the 3 months. Very Happy

I am also compiling a list of all the shops, markets and bistro's/ restaurants that I want to visit, so any tips or recommendations are appreciated.
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums, raniroo. If you don't already have it, get a copy of Clotilde's Edible Adventures in Paris. We used it constantly when were were there in April.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
raniroo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Judy,
I have this book on order...having it delivered to me in Dubai, so just have to wait for the post.......
Rachel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the recommendation of Clotilde's Edible Adventures, but have one restaurant suggestion that isn't in the book - a chef's bistro in the 13th called L'Ourcine. It's absolutely lovely and very good value. You'll need to book in advance, but not nearly as much as for Le Comptoir - a couple of weeks should suffice.

Hope that helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: