Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Marrakech

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue*eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Marrakech Reply with quote

Hallo, we plan going for one week to Marrakech beginning of february. Do you have any recommendations for places to stay, eat, shop etc. at? I would be very happy about your suggestions. Thanks a lot!
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there and welcome to the C&Z forums!

I have not been to Morocco before, but my freind spent some time there for the Dakar a few years ago and stayed here: http://www.riadsmorocco.com/riad-72-marrakesh-morocco-lm-12.html

They really enjoyed themselves and would definitely go back. Have a great time, you'll have to tell us all about your trip.

"It's hot ham water."
raniroo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Marrakesh Reply with quote

I have recently returned from a trip to Morocco and would highly recommend the night stalls in the Square in Marrakesh....they are cheap and lively and you can try some local stuff like snail soup and sheeps head, along with seafood, chicken, brochettes etc....I was advised not to eat the tagines or the couscous from the stalls though.....keep those dishes for the restaurants, which line the square and back alleys.

Have a wonderful time, definately food paradise!
Barbara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://moroccanmaryam.typepad.com/my_marrakesh/ This blog has some good info. Have fun. I'd love to visit Marrakesh.
Comet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Marrakech is my favourite place!
Are you going anywhere else in Morocco?

It's such an amazing country, the action comes to you, you don't even have to do anything, and you are experiencing something so foreign.

Do be mindful of the monkeys and snakes in the square. If you get your picture taken with them you must pay, and the men will put them around your neck before you know what's going on!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: