Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

a certain inauguration and Australian free-to-air television

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: a certain inauguration and Australian free-to-air television Reply with quote

Smile 'tis now 3.33pm Tuesday 20 Jan in Australia...in the early hours of Wednesday morn (Oz time) all 4 stations will be showing the inauguration..

this story has captured the imagination of the world..

am imagining us all..coming together...us all..perhaps Barack Obama is a key...

sand buckets of love + light to America...Americans all..

'n hugs!

I'll be watching of course...'n then at 1pm Wednesday I'm off to see The War of the Roses..."Distilled down to eight hours of theatre in two parts, the eight plays that span the turbulent years of The War of the Roses are presented in a unique cycle as part of the 2009 Sydney Festival."

am quite sure the energy of the moment will keep me wide awake!!! Maybe the best bet for me is to give the idea of sleep a miss...simply stay awake for 24 hours...been done before!
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Madame! I've been sobbing buckets all morning.

"It's hot ham water."
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin..both Sieg and I got up at 3 am...now 7..'n I'm all ready for the parade!

'n the full out joy of Michelle's outfit! like sunshine ...symbolic..light ...

"For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus - and non-believers. We are shaped by every language and culture, drawn from every end of this Earth; and because we have tasted the bitter swill of civil war and segregation, and emerged from that dark chapter stronger and more united, we cannot help but believe that the old hatreds shall someday pass; that the lines of tribe shall soon dissolve; that as the world grows smaller, our common humanity shall reveal itself; and that America must play its role in ushering in a new era of peace."

as I heard 'our patchwork heritage' I said to Sieg "I've gone goosebumpy."

just heard that Ted Kennedy has been taken to hospital...from the luncheon..

'n Robert Byrd ...I remember thinking he looked so frail ..at the lucheon..

a multi-layered day...

keep those sweet tears a flowin' dear gal...

hugs to all

how about a Chocolate&Zucchini ball...wouldn't THAT be fun...cyberspace..dress code...joyous!
Erin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it has been a wonderful yet difficult day. The Kennedy's have been such a symbol of hope through the years, my heart is a bit heavy at the moment waiting for more news on him.

Michelle looks graceful, effortless and breezy.

Wonderful speech. . . wonderful speech. "Air and Simple Gifts" was beautiful on this morning. Watching President Obama during the piece, you could almost see him absorbing each moment and the enormity of it all seemed to be sinking in.

Right now they are walking down Pennsylvania Avenue. Oh no, I'm out of kleenex!

"It's hot ham water."
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin..yep...there they are, hand in hand, walking The Avenue...lovely...now back in the car..
cigalechanta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also nice to see a couple in the White House, that seem still horny for eachother!
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep!...the Obamas and the Bidens ..both very relaxed in each others' company...love when Michelle was stepping off the train to greet the Bidens..on her birthday..Joe, arms opened wide beamed and said "Happy Birthday Kid"...

joyous energy...am imagining it streaming over the land...Erin told me:
"Yesterday record numbers turned out to heed our Presidents call of service, we are inspired to be better once more."

I loved watching him paint the wall...'n he said to the reporters.."This isn't rocket science."...he spoke of the need to become involved..to not wait around for someone else to fix something..get in..and DO..

While watching I felt close to being American!
Erin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always felt that Aussies do the best American accents.

My parents have always spoken about the hope and idealism when Kennedy came into the Presidency, I imagine how I feel today is how they felt them . . . yet even bigger.

"It's hot ham water."
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tina Fey can do American accents Wink

It's been a joy to see so many smiles...really truly smiles..not forced ones...people so at ease ...confident and ready to take the journey..

'n President Obama is allowed to keep his Blackberry!!! ain't HE a happy man..

Dick Cheney on the other hand isn't a happy man...rather more than cross that George W didn't pardon Scooter Libby...

each of us with particular days..

as for accents...I can do a few variations on that spoken in The States! ..not bad at a Kennedy voice..Baurrrrrrrrrrrston Very Happy (aka Boston)

'n speaking of the Irish...this fun..

'There's noone as Irish as Barack O'Bama'
http://www.oneeyedparrot.org/obama.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: