Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Mozart's birthday..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Mozart's birthday.. Reply with quote

27 January (already that date in Oz Wink )

Joannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart ~ as listed in the baptismal record..

'n here a quote from the man himself:

“Nor do I hear in my imagination the parts successively, I hear them all at once. What a delight this is! All this inventing, this producing, takes place in a pleasing, lively dream.”

can you even BEGING to imagine hearing those pieces all at once..there..there it is...oh my

let us imagine travelling to Krems in Austria ~ 'n with either Grüner Veltliner or Riesling we can drink to the music maker..

danke Musikmann

am wondering if you have a favourite piece...
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite work of Mozart would have to be Le Nozze di Figaro. It was the first opera I ever attended and it holds a very nostalgic place in my heart. A friend of mine is an opera singer and before our wedding we had her sing several pieces for our guests.

Sadly, his candy is not nearly as delicious as his music.

"It's hot ham water."
Rachel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the Requiem - atypically gloomy for Mozart, I know! But I've performed it, so I guess that like Erin and Le Nozze di Figaro, I feel closer to it than his other music. (Magic Flute is a close second, especially the Queen of the Night's famous aria.)

Going from the sublime to the ridiculous... I also have a soft spot for his Musical Joke. It takes a violinist with guts to play that one!
Griffin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clarinet Concerto for me. I love the operas he did with Da Ponte, but the Clarinet Concerto gets me every time.

I do like the Marriage of Figaro tho', saw a wonderful version two Christmases ago on telly with gorgeous costumes too!

Cosi fan Tutti will always be a favourite too, because in my twenties I spent the money seeing it at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden... having seen it on telly! That overture is really something.

Happy Birthday Wolfgang!
bainst

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly adore and had the pleasure of attending a performance by Pinchas Zuckerman play my favorite violin concerto , K.219 Violin Concerto No. 5 In A Major "Turkish". And the part that almost brings me to tears when I listen to it is the adagio. If you have never heard it , find a recording.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bainst...your post is a fine example, for me, of the joy of Chocolate&Zucchini...the sharing of story..
bainst

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame,
your exactly right. As wonderful as food is, all the other special things that people bring to this group is just as wonderful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: