Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

invitation vegetarian cooking class Paris, June 14th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pounagate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: invitation vegetarian cooking class Paris, June 14th Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
a little while ago I posted a question about whether anyone could recommend a place where my friends who will be visiting me from California could take cooking classes in Paris. Thanks to your wonderful replies, I found a place that offers a class modelled to their very needs, that is
-class held in English
-vegetarian (no fish or meat; but eggs and dairy OK)
-not too spicy
-French (!!)

I know where the place is located; it is in a very cute part of Paris (Marais).
They offered to set up a special class for my friends' requirements, the cost of which will be 300 euros total, for up to 5 people. That's 60 euros a person if all 5 places are filled, which makes it very reasonnable if you compare it to other places ( 80-90 euros minimum).

The date is Tuesday, june 14th: from 11 am to 2pm. I would need an answer by Friday (April 15th)

If any of you was (seriously!) interested, they can reply to this post and then we could find a way to get in touch. I have no more information (like, what will the menu be); and I swear I am not working for them!! I was just thinking maybe some of you would like to take advantage of this opportunity to pay less for this kind of class; which means my friends will be paying less too; and end up with new friends, which is the point of cooking and sharing food when you think of it.

Thanks for your attention,
Pounagate
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Could this be Fred and his Atelier? Just playing guessing games from your description, Pounagate! Smile If it is, I encourage any of you to join the class, he is a fabulous teacher, very kind, very knowledgeable...
creampuff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on getting something set up for your friends.
You might consider also posting this info (with dates in subject) on the Paris topic forum which tends to attract the interest of future Paris visitors.
Good luck
pounagate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

OK I'll move my post then! Thank you creampuff.
Clotilde, non ce n'est pas de "Fred" dont il s'agit; en fait je ne connaîs pas Fred, c'est le Diet café, en face de ma fac, qui a accepté de concocter un menu spécialement pour mes amis; j'étais drôlement contente de trouver quelqu'un capable de parler anglais! Je t'aurais bien demandé d'ailleurs, mais bon je n'ai rien vu sur tes différents sites qui laissait présager que tu donnais des cours, serait-ce dû à une cuisine un peu exigüe? à 25 ans, je ne saurais d'ailleurs te reprocher de ne pas vivre dans un 120 m carré!!
En tous cas, je ne sais pas si tu liras cela, mais il y a une question que je me pose toujours: es-tu 100% française, ou as-tu des membres de ta famille qui ont l'anglais comme langue natale? Je demande cela, car tu es ingénieure, certes ayant vécu en Californie; mais j'ai des copains ingénieurs et c'est moi qui ai dû me taper de leur traduire leurs résumés de rapport de stage en anglais, parce que l'anglais et les ingénieurs en général ça fait mauvais ménage. Alors, es-tu une ingélieure qui a renié ses penchants littéraires pour faire plaisir à ses parents, une française avec des origines anglo-saxonnes ou américaines (ou australiennes, pourquoi pas), ou tout simplement une fille douée en tout?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: