Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Happy Bastille Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pesto Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Happy Bastille Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

To all of those who are blessed to be French, to those who are of that heritage, and finally to those merely wish that they were french (me, on both the latter 2 counts), I wish you a hearty Bastille Day!! and offer you a impassioned VIVE LA FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For my part on tomorrow's market I have made a hearty French green lentil soup (my tribute to a memorable meal on a cold gray day at Le Gros Minet in the shadow of St.Eustache) I also plan to secrete a bottle of Pastis so that I and select friends may toast "La Belle France"
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I was there to share it with you! Shame we don't get along..... Laughing

As to wishing people are french.... we find out thursday if our residency has been approved. Wish us luck !

Bonne Fete Nationale
Pesto Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bon Chance Debbie!

...yes, it is a pity we don't get on any better!
Griffin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oui! Vive La Revolution et Vive le France... et a bas les aristos!!! A bas La Bastille!... aussi, donnez moi une bouteille, je veus le prends!
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you don't need another bottle Griffin..... Wink

We had our own revolution and refused to go and play with the hordes. Sat at home and watched dvd's with friends and ate pizza. What a way to enjoy a day off!
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, no mention of any liquid! Surely not pizza sans liquid Wink
Debbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone else had lots of beer...... I had a glass of water....... sigh. No alcohol for me for a while yet.

Still cannot do much liquid with a meal or I cannot eat the meal. My stomach has shrunk incredibly. No great loss though as they were drinking dark beer which I really do not like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: