Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Monty python reunion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cigalechanta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Monty python reunion Reply with quote

"What part of “Monty Python reunion” did you not understand? All six — yes, six — members of that influential British comedy troupe, which supplied us with those classic routines and catch phrases that we could totally recite from memory but won’t bore you with, will come together in New York in the fall for an event to mark the group’s 40th anniversary and to promote a documentary. The anniversary event, to be held on Oct. 15 at the Ziegfeld Theater in Manhattan, was announced Tuesday by the Independent Film Channel and the British Academy of Film and Television Arts, which are jointly organizing the event. In a news release, the groups said that the Monty Python founders John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin and, somehow, Graham Chapman (who died in 1989) would be present for a screening of the documentary “Monty Python: Almost the Truth (The Lawyer’s Cut),” after which the surviving comedians would take part in a Q&A session and receive an award from the British Academy. The group has variously reunited several times over the years, from a 1998 appearance at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen to the 2005 opening of the Broadway musical “Monty Python’s Spamalot.” A six-hour version of the documentary will have its premiere on IFC on Oct. 18.
cigalechanta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my! 31 peek in but no comments Sad
Debbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could be there! Love Monty Python.

When I was in Tunisia early this year I went to Monastir, which is where the Life of Brian was filmed. My friend and I had a Monty Python day and everything was said in silly voices and we kept coming up with quotes from teh movie. Every photo had to be taken whilst we were singing Always look on the bright side of life (the weather was cold, stormy and very very windy that day).

So much fun... Laughing
Griffin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coo! Gosh! ... I didn't expect the Monty Pythons!.... Nooobody expects the Monty Pythons! Among their chief weapons are surprise, hilarity, utter silliness and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope... ahem well all except that last one, that's just the Spanish Inquisition.

My favourite from Life of Brian - 'He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!'

Mum's funeral music, chosen by her was... Always look on the Bright Side of Life!!

O tempore! O Pythonus! O 'eck!
David

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm still a candidate for the Ministry of Scilly Walks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: