Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

New member introducing herself
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cornette

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: New member introducing herself Reply with quote

Hello everybody.

Nice to see that one of my favorite foodlogs has a Forum.
My name is Cornette (on the internet that is) and I am from the Netherlands.

I see one familiar name in the memberlist (hi Ecritures !) so I am not the only Dutch face here.

Food is one of my passions in life. The others are American Romance Novels (if possible with an important role for food in them), computers ( I have a number of websites and weblogs), music and life in general.

We are very fond of Paris and The Provence.

Want to know more about me? Visit my About Me page.
http://www.romancenovels.nl/aboutme/me.html

I am thinking of starting a 3rd weblog.
About food ofcourse and in Dutch.

Nice to see that the memberlist has so many nationalities on it !

Cornette
David

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to C&Z Cornette! There can never be too many nationalities represented here nor too many from any one place! As simona would likely say "no more war, more food writing".

cheers
d
Barbara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Cornette. My only knowledge of Dutch food is (and forgive the spelling) is Olli Bollins. I love them...but I think they are oh so fattening as I can't stop at one.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: oliebollen, aka "heaven as food" Reply with quote

Cornette.(what a darling name!!!).welcome on board ~ ah oliebollen! a zillion would NEVER EVER BE ENOUGH.....heaven as food methinks! and then there are poffertjes ~ the sweet darlings of pancake land! and while at this delicious place, Martha's magazine has a super article on things pancakey..and recipes...can be read online...

today I will go about my day with dreams of oliebollen....

my oh my they're delicious...can still remember the first time I ate one...at The Museum of Fire (fire trucks etc) near our home...a big open day was held...and there was a stall selling these scrumptious things...such fun watching them being made....everyone at the stall, buyers and sellers having fun....and the icing (confectioner's) sugar flying here and there over our faces...
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! We are happy to have you with us.

Can someone tell me what oliebollens are?

"It's hot ham water."
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: at great risk... Reply with quote

Erin Darling...the healthy-food police will arrest me for letting you know about these more-than-divine things...

http://www.typicaldutchstuff.com/oliebol.shtml

you know when the word 'yummy' is used ~ these are pure 'yummy'

sort of apple-sized doughnuts with fruit inside...dusted with confectioner's sugar...

and just why oh why hasn't the God of Oliebollen sent a plate RIGHT NOW to my table....why oh why oh? I WOULD SO share Wink
simona

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A warm welcome to Cornette . I read you website and I like your other name too. We Israelis have a soft spot for Holland. And I love the herrings. I already shared the fact of this passsion with my friends here:
there is nothing better ( in my humble opinion) than the fantastic dutch Herrrings and onion accompanied by a little (!!) glass of chilled vodka. Last August I indulged in about 5 of them in a row, to the amazement of my 11 year old grandson whom we took on an educational tour to Europe ( Paris, Louvre, Disneyland, Maneken Piss, Efteling, Anna Frank House and the ultimate fun- Appenheul ) .
So , welcome again

No more war, more herring and vodka!
Cornette

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome and what a great site is that Typical Dutch !!
Yes Oliebollen. But only at the end of December !
And ofcourse poffertjes and haring (with Jenever instead of Vodka please).

And don't forget Stroopwafels.

But above all I prefer to sit in the sun in The Jardin des Luxembourg in Paris with some bread, wine and cheese. Very Happy

What I miss a little (but just a little) on this Forum are the Avatars.
Would be nice to have all kind of foodavatars here.

Cornette
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: ? foodavatars Reply with quote

Cornette...do tell us more!
Cornette

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Avatar is a very small picture you use on a Forum as a sort of signature. It appears below your name.

For examples look at my Romance Novel Forum
http://forum.romancenovels.nl/

I make the Avatars myself but you can get them everywhere on the internet.

The Forumadmin has to choose whether the Forum has its own gallery or whether you can upload your own avatar from your own computer.

When everybody has its own Avatar you recognize the sender of a message in the blink of an eye (after a while). Ofcourse to choose an Avatar is never an obligation.

Cornette
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: the wonder of those... Reply with quote

OH THOSE!...I never knew that that was what they were called...my daughter has a stunning range...she has a great variety of interests...one in particular I've enjoyed was from the cover of an edition of "My Brilliant Career" by Miles Franklin

golly Cornette...now you have me thinking! a fun idea
swan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey fellow dutchie!

now you got me thinking what my avatar would be.... Very Happy
JustMe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Cornette. I have just joined this forum myself this week. I discovered this site about 2 weeks ago and I keep coming back every day. What a wonderful site. I went to the bookstore tonight to see if I could get a copy of Budget Travel magazine that Clotilde mentioned but alas they only had the April copy.

I love food, cooking it, eating it, reading about it. I define all my holidays by how well I ate when I was away and many of my life's special moments revolve around a great meal and/or a great bottle of wine (and of course the company I kept!)

Unfortunately reading all this keeps taking me away from my work day but I just can't help myself. I quickly checked out your website and I will be back to have a really good read.
Mishka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Another New Member... all the way from the East! Reply with quote

Hi everyone...

I've been a C&Z fan for a couple of months now since I read about the blog in one of our local dailies... have been watching from the sideline while you ppl talk about topics close to my heart! So, finally... I am in!

A little bit about me.. I'm from Malaysia, a beautiful and gastronomically blessed country in Asia. Eating is our favourite pastime here...

I love food and all things about food...
David

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mishka--WELCOME. Wow--I think you are our first from Malaysia(correct me if I'm wrong folks) We used to have a Malaysian restaurant here in Ottawa and I adored it, but sadly it moved many years ago and there has been no replacement. I will look for one in our travels. I think "spicy" when I think of Malaysian cuisine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: