Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Pesky floating pop-ups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Suggestion box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deste

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Pesky floating pop-ups Reply with quote

By now most of us accept the need for revenue to maintain blogs we enjoy and have gotten used to the advertisements found in margins of web sites such as C & Z.

Scroll-overs that are difficult to avoid when scrolling down a page are annoying, but one can try to be vigilant while reading.

Despite the "No Pop-Ups" option in my browser's security system, I cannot avoid being invited to take a survey by "safecount.net" and am forced to click the bar (accepting cookies in either case?) to close it lest it continue to block what I try to read.

Might you consider banning such nuisances from C & Z, or are they unavoidable given the software or armature of the site?

P.S. When editing this post, another pop-up from "Voice Five" obscured my view. Such irony.
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Deste,
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and for being so diplomatic about it. I actually don't know where these float-overs could be coming from -- I myself am not seeing them -- but I will look into it and let you know.
Is Chocolate & Zucchini the only site on which you're experiencing this?
With kind regards,
Clotilde.
msue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - I get that same float over pop-up from safecount.net.

It blocks whatever I'm attempting to read until I click it to close. I'm using Firefox as my browser in case that makes a difference.
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deste and Mary Sue - I have checked with the advertising network I work with, and they have an option to turn off floating layers, which I have just now activated. I don't know if it will be immediately effective or if it will take a few days, but theoretically, you should no longer see those.
Thank you for your feedback,
Clotilde.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Suggestion box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: