Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Photographing in Restaurant Kitchens, Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoDa!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Photographing in Restaurant Kitchens, Help Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a photographer/blogger from Portland, Maine USA, one of the best Food towns in the US. My wife and I will be in Paris 4/1 - 4.10. I frequently shoot in some of the best restaurant kitchens for my blog showing the hustle & bustle as well as the food itself, maybe 1-2 shots of the dining area and an outside view of the restaurant. I was hoping to get into a couple of restaurant kitchens in Paris and wondered if anyone might be able to help me out, make a contact, etc. I don't want a "touristy" place, and realize I probably wouldn't get into a 3/4 star but a solid little restaurant where the locals go would be just fine. I usually take 2-3 hours and move around quite close to the chefs as they work. Thanks MB P.S. we will be in Prague and Budapest as well.
Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may not find the chefs willing to do this here.

Most of the kitchens are quite cramped compared to the US and other countries. It may not be possible logistically.

Perhaps you need to go on the internet and select a few restaurants and contact them directly. It is a very very big ask for one of us to impose on our friends in the industry.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: