Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Cooking for my colleagues - but what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSwedishFish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Cooking for my colleagues - but what? Reply with quote

I need some suggestions what to cook for my lovely colleagues. We take turns cooking lunch for each other and so far everyone's brought fantastic dishes. Not complicated, but very delicious and appreciated!

It needs to be something I can prepare at home and then heat up in our oven or microwave. Or it can be cold too. I'm stuck with my old recipes, so would really appreciate some ideas. We're all foodies, so basically anything goes!
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello TheSwedishFish and welcome to the C&Z Forums. What a lovely idea for you and your colleagues to all cook for each other! That would really take the pressure off you all to have to think about what to take for lunch each day, apart from when it's your turn to cook.

Any particular requirements for the food - can it go on a plate or in a bowl, can you eat with utensils or is 'finger food' preferred?

Here in Australia it's just getting cold, so my eye is drawn to cold weather recipes - cassoulet, soups, stews, but you might want more 'summery' recipes. Here are 2 of my favourite recipes, both from the wonderful Delicious Magazine

Quick Cassoulet - http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/6295/quick+cassoulet

Cuttlefish with white-bean tabbouleh - http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/18655/cuttlefish+with+white+bean+tabbouleh
I serve the salad with tuna or chicken instead of the cuttlefish.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
dory

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like bringing mushroom barley soup. It is substantial, filling, and easy to re-heat. You can bring bread and a salad.

Dory
TheSwedishFish

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, very helpful suggestions. The cuttlefish might actually be a winner! We've had kedgeree, Turkish eggs, Quiche Lorraine and Thai soup so far, so the cuttlefish would mix it up a bit. The mushroom barley soup is a great choice too, since it's quite easy to bring in.

It's still very cold in London, so hearty soups and stews are very much appreciated!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello SwedishFish, (does your name refer to the candy?)

This recipe

http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/egg/egg0698/rainbow.html

usually pleases everyone who tries it! It is a cold dish so maybe save it for later in the year.. it's "Rainbow Noodles", with chicken and bright vegetables in a great peanut sauce.

Could you describe your "Turkish Eggs"? I've read about eggs poached in yogurt..?
TheSwedishFish

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gingerpale, looks delicious! Will never say no to good recipes.

Yes, my name refers to the candy, can't get enough of it. I'm Swedish too, so it's quite fitting.

The Turkish baked eggs were so good, I'd never had it before. You put wilted rocket salad (or spinach) in an oven-proof dish, and then make small 'pockets' in the bed of leaves. Drop eggs in each hole and bake for 20 min. Serve with a chili drizzle, made up of paprika, butter and chili. It's also served with Greek yogurt, with garlic and salt in it. The yogurt is the best part, as it balances the spiciness from the drizzle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: