Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Sydney--Cheap Eats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Sydney--Cheap Eats Reply with quote

My guy will be hostelling in Sydney for a few weeks early Nov and is looking for a list of affordable and interesting places to eat. Anything goes really, he's got a wide range of taste, well, I can't see him in a vegan restaurant but that's about it! lol He's a big healthy eater but on a budget. Any suggestions will be happily passed along to him. At that point he won't have eaten in a restaurant for nearly 6 months and rations get pretty dull after a time!
nima

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

I'm no expert on Sydney, but we found some wonderful (and wonderfully cheap and cheerful) places in Chinatown. It's worth taking a few strolls through there.

My other recommendations are not particularly cheap, but still recommended. The first is the "Canteen" of Sailor Thai, in The Rocks area. It's the cheaper, casual dining room of a much fancier restaurant, but most of the food is the same--and it's really tasty!
http://www.sailorsthai.com.au/index.html

In the Bondi Beach area, I really loved North Bondi Italian Restaurant. Again, not cheap, but really good. There are lots of restaurants in that area--some fun and dive-y, some formal and fancy, and you can pretty much come off the beach for a stroll and take your pick.
http://www.idrb.com/northbondi/

I hope your guy has a great time in Sydney..I could sit and watch folks in the Harbour all day.
David

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks nima, will pass those along for sure, anything asian appeals to the guy for sure!

Only 54 days until he gets out of danger and lands on his feet in Sydney, still looking for well priced tasty food of all varieties to direct my guy towards!
David

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to post a public thank you to the ever effervescent and lively MADAME SHAWSHANK for having given my guy his best day in Sydney! You can tell from the grin beneath that bizarre handlebar moustache of his that the Madame proved to be Sydney's finest treasure.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How very limitlessy *no limit* nice, David! Madame Shawshank as hostess--I'm sure effervescent is the right word. Well, maybe add irrepressible too.

It's Thanksgiving here (Utah USA) and I was just this morning (really!) thinking of the people I met @ C&Z. Hello to you all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: