Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Herbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KathyD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Herbs Reply with quote

I just read Clotilde's post (May 20, 2010) about the sage plant she bought (I'm a little slow). I thought it might be interesting to give you all a list of the herbs I put in my herb garden here, and see what uses people make of each one. I love herbs and plant them "just because". Then I wonder how I could use them other than in the small number of the my usual dishes. I'm in the middle of France, and every summer I love the garden....especially my herb garden.

So, here goes: sage, thyme, rosemary, céléri à couper, oregano, flat parsley, coriander (cilantro), tarragon, mint, dill, basil....and ciboule (which I use as a substitute for green onions, that I've never been able to find here).

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.....I look forward to them, and after I will make a list to print for anyone who might like it......Kathy
David

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I've got thyme, rosemary, coriander, 3 kinds of mint, Thai basil, parsley, oregano and chives (ciboulette?) And I'm loving omelettes with fresh herbs on a Sunday morning.
KYHeirloomer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm? Let's see:

The culinary herbs include: parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme (yeah, yeah, I know the song Rolling Eyes ), lavender, mint, majoram, sweet basil, summer savory, dill, horseradish, tarragon, winter savory, oregano, chives, and borage.

There aren't too many things I cook that don't use herbs, one way or the other.
Griffin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have Parsley and Basil in the kitchen window and in the garden, mint, Curly-leaf parsley and Sage. I've loved watching the Sage flowers with bees all over them. I would love to get a thyme plant for the kitchen window too and maybe Coriander too.

I use herbs a lot, more than spices. I love them... and they are beautiful to look at.
ErinT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mint, rosemary, basil, parsley, lemon grass, cilantro and oregano. My rosemary did really well last year and I ended up drying a lot and still have some left over. This year it's not growing as well. Perhaps because of the heat and lack of rain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: