Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

pressure cooker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dory

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: pressure cooker Reply with quote

Hi all,

My husband just bought a pressure cooker. He says his mom in South American has several in different sizes and loves it, and makes food fast. I did make beans in 1/2 hour last night and they came out really soft and nice. However I am still intimidated that I feel I have to follow a recipe exactly as I cannot open the pressure cooker and check how the food is doing or tasting, and I actually still prefer to cook things like beans in my slow cooker where I can check and taste, adding ingredients as things go along. Has anyone used a pressure cooker? Do you like them? Do you have any tips or recipe ideas?

Dory
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the tips you'll no doubt get from our forum members, you can check the comments on the post I wrote about pressure cookers last year.
Congrats on the new appliance!
dory

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the link to your post about pressure cookers. I read all of the entries with great interest.

Dory
DebZam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Pressure cooker Reply with quote

Dory, I'm surprised that no one spoke up. My hubby gave me one for a birthday a few years ago. It's a bit large, but I love it anyway, now that I'm no longer afraid of it. Since it's been a few months, I hope you love yours also. I will release pressure and check what I'm cooking from time to time, because I figure so long as I'm not letting it cool off, the pressure will come back pretty quick. I try to wait on seasoning the food till almost done, except chicken which the family complains about the smell of unless I add a bay leaf or something. I don't know, but it seems the heat "dilutes" or seems to diminish the character of the food.... to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: