Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

umbrian holiday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simona

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: umbrian holiday Reply with quote

After musing about trips to such exotic places like Galapagos, Antarctica and New zealand, we finally setlled for homy Italy, but in a region we know very little about, Umbria. We'll stay in a little 6 rooms hotel near the town of Todi, before we will continue to Milan, where we have good friends.
I will be grateful for any information about restaurants, special places to visit ( except the obvious Assisi, Gobi etc), special landmarks to see.
We'll be there the last week of May.
Thanks

No more war, more good restaurants in Umbria
David

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simona! Umbria has been featured for the last while on The Accidental Hedonist. Check out her archives for recipes to get some idea of the style of cuisine. We have booked two weeks in an apartment in Cortona, Tuscany, but not until October. Will be asking advice for this later as the date approaches.

Hope Pesach hasn't worn you out!
simona

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: umbria Reply with quote

good evening( good morning to you) david,
Cortona is the town where we spent part of our honeymoon , in October 1983, in a monastery just outside the walls, which we intend to find in our trip this month. We will never forget the delicious dinner we had there in a small, non touristic trattoria just off the main square, which consisted of huge amounts of pasta, roast rabbit - we had an extra portion of it, i mean, three main dishes, and a divine vin santo with the desert, of which we received a bottle from the owner after he heard it was our honeymoon. We intend to look for this restaurant, and surely I will tell you about it . I think cortona belongs to Tuscany, but it's more or less the same region.
Thank you for the tip, but I don't have the link of the Accidental Hedonist, Could you please send it to me? Thank you.
Pesach has not worn me, I even managed to keep my ( very high as is ) weight. I just didn't eat Matzos.

No more war, more Umbria and Toscana holidays!
David

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honeymooned in Cortona! Wow! Dinky little world isn't it. Yes, it is Tuscany but it is practically on the border with Umbria.

Glad you have such fond memories.

www.accidentalhedonist.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: