Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Blog by Mail
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eileen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi debbie,
i'm not studying (well, except cooking, life, etc.) Very Happy i'm an elementary school teacher. and every august i just forget the physical (not to mention mental) fatigue that goes with the job.
as far as coursework...because i am a chief procrastinator who would rather scrub the bathroom tiles with my personal toothbrush than write an essay, i try to keep myself out of those situations now. and to write essays in a foreign language? wow, i admire you. what are you studying?
as far as any tips about fitting in school, work, family...whew, just try to carve some time out for yourself (way easier said than done) and enjoy paris, naturellement.
will post blog-by-mail sign-up forms tomorrow!
cheers,
eileen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings again,
If you would like to participate, please send me the information below by 10 September. A few days later, I’ll send you the details of your ‘giftee.’ Packages should be in the post by 10 October.
Be mindful of postal regulations AND the fact that items might take some time to arrive, so nothing too perishable. The idea is to send anything food related: homemade or purchased; gadgets; recipes….I can’t wait to hear what everyone comes up with!
Our budget is between 10-20 US; 8-16 Euro; 5.5-11 Sterling; 13-26 Aussie - plus postage.
Mmmmmmmmmm!
Cheers,
Eileen (leenieoneill-at-yahoo-dot-com)

Your Name:

Email address:

Postal address:

Postal restrictions (please check ahead with your post office on this):

Dislikes/Allergies:

Geographical Preferences (i.e. if you would rather play it safe and get a parcel from someone in your geographical area. Obviously this will only work if there is more than one player from that region!):
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bathroom was so clean and sparkly when I was at uni. My iron was also super clean and polished on the hot plate surface. There was no dust on my skirting boards, or mildew in the tile grout. You could eat off any surface in the house...... all in the name of procrastination..... Actually I have to confess that I do like writing reports and essays (I know I am sick) but I hate to get started. So I would do housework till I had written the paper in my head and then sit and type it up in one go. Seemed to work well for me.

On another note, don't know if I am just being dumb, or if it is not working for some reason, but I can't send a reply to your PM re the form. Will try again later.
Barbara

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie - Highlight the form and hit quote. The form comes up as a reply to fill in. Well that's how I did it anyway!
simona

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Name: Simona Tal

Postal restrictions (please check ahead with your post office on this):

Dislikes/Allergies: none

Geographical Preferences (i.e. if you would rather play it safe and get a parcel from someone in your geographical area. Obviously this will only work if there is more than one player from that region!):[/quote]
- There is nobody from my region, and anyhow I prefer somebody not even remotely near to my geographical area.

Thank you

Simona
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, you are an angel. Thank you. Will have another try and hopefully I will not be so "technically challenged" this time. Embarassed

Forget to add to last post sorry Eileen.... I am going to study French language and history. Then I am going to do a short course in European archeaology in Ireland (my field of work in Australia - but very different to European archeaology, so I want to do a sort of crash course on this part of the worlds way of doing things). Then I want to enrol in a course at the Louvre... but I might have to work and save up a bit before I get to do the course at the Louvre. Not a hardship as I love my field of work.

My french is improving day by day, and I think that I quite often work best when "thrown in the deep end"Shocked so should have no problem with learning in french. I am just curious about the different education system for mature age students.
simona

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly technically challenged. I didn't intend to advertise my address in public. How can it be deleted? Help!!
Thanks, Simona
Barbara

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have received a private message from Eileen and you reply to that, your privacy is protected as only she will have access to it.

Or you can send her a private message with the details.
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simona, I have deleted your address and also your email address (in an attempt to stop bots trawling forums for email addresses as spam fodder). ChicagoBear, I deleted your post regarding Simona's address as it was meaningless without Simona's address - hope that all makes sense!

A suggestion regarding posting email addresses on websites and forums.... if you do want to post yours, a way of avoiding it landing on spammers' email lists is to write it in its entirety.

Eg judymather-at-mailsnare-dot-net

Smart people will work out how to write that in 'Net language. Bots won't

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
eileen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o good, simona another member to join the technically challenged club! Very Happy when i sent a pm to those that expressed interest in the cz blog by mail, it seemed that about half the emails were missing the sign-up info. go figure. then i (hopefully) resent the missing bits and called it bbm2, by which i meant this was a second (and different) message...not thinking, of course, that this is the name for samantha's bbm.
so, sorry for any confusion. ..

judy - a big favour, since you seem to be 'in-the-know' - are you able to convert my posted email address, or could you tell me how, pretty please?
Judy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All done Eileen - I hadn't seen your email address in that post till you pointed it out.

You can actually edit your own posts - there are a series of symbols on the right hand side of each of your posts and you can use them to edit or delete if you wish to.

Good luck with the gift-giving. Madameshawshank, Barbara and I must put our heads together and think up an Oz/NZ version in the near future.

Chicago Bear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Judy! In your honor, I'm opening a bottle of Australian red tonight, and I think that everyone on this thread should do the same. The image of corks popping at many different locations all over the world is appealing.
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy- Surely you're not eliminating yourselves! There's no reason people can't send to the South Pacific so long as the folks who make themselves candidates have some idea what the postage will be.
Judy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no Rainey, that's not why I'm not participating. The main reason is that in 3 1/2 weeks I'm flying to LA (yes, your LA!) with my family for a month's holiday, so I figured I'd be away while the exchange is happening.

It's probably worthwhile mentioning postage costs, though.

To send a 500g parcel to the US by airmail is $12.50, 1kg is $22.50, 2kg is $42.50. To send to Asia is slightly cheaper, the UK and Europe is more expensive.

That adds quite a bit to the initial gift cost. And that's why I was thinking of doing something more local - I don't have a problem spending the money, but I'd rather it was spend on extra nice goodies for the recipient rather than going straight to Australia Post.

Karen Weena

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy, send from LA Wink

What is all that Supply forums from Ms. Liu something?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: