Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Describe your perfect day in Paris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harpospeaking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Describe your perfect day in Paris Reply with quote

It seems like it's inevitable that people (myself included) will always be asking for advice and references on Paris. For those of us that have visited Paris or live there --- how would you spend your an entire day by yourself in Paris if it were your last chance to visit Paris? Where would you go, what would you look for or buy, where would you eat?

I've only been to Paris twice, both times in a whirlwind, so my conributions are limited, but here's what I would do:

I'd start the day off with a good latte served in a bowl and some bread with nutella, wherever I could find them together. Then, I'd take the metro to the Pompidou Center and take in a view of the city from the top. I'd make my way down, browsing the art along the way, and watch locals feeding pigeons in the plaza and tourists posing in front of the Stravisky fountains. I'd shop at a nearby bakery, charcuterie, fromagerie and grocery store for a picnic lunch. I'd find a park where men are playing boules and watch them play as I devour my lunch. Then, I'd go for a walk somewhere on a tree lined boulevard, getting lost and looking for a church with a free afternoon concert. I'd eventually make my way to a chocolate store on rue Moufftard, buy their tiniest box of savory dark chocolate and then head off for a savory leg of lamb dinner at Maison Verlaine in the Latin Quarter. My last hour would be spent sipping coffee (in my fantasy, a generous couple shares it with me from a thermous they brought from home) and taking bites of my dark chocolate on a bateau mouche, watching couples go by on the romantic bridges of Paris and catching a glorious view of the Eiffel Tower lit up like a beacon.

http://onegirlonehouse.wordpress.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: