Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The Food of Provence in Paris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintagevoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: The Food of Provence in Paris Reply with quote

I am heading to Paris next week for a last minute foodie and shopping getaway. I am a huge fan of Provence, but unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to that region during my trip. Sad

Can anyone recommend a restaurant that serves food from Provence in Paris? Would love to hear recommendations.
fannie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: restaurant provençal Reply with quote

Hello!

There is a great restaurant serving food from the Provence region called

Chez Janou
2 rue Roger-Verlomme
Tel; 01 42 72 28 41

The food is delicious -- lots of fresh fish -- but the real treat resides in the 50+ types of pastis (the traditional anis flavored apéritif from the region) available to taste.

I have been there more times than I can count on both hands and taken guests visiting Paris who have also adored it. It is conveniently located near the Place des Vosges. You should expect to spend 30 euros for dinner with wine and dessert.

Make sure to call ahead for a reservation. It is not very big and gets quite crowded.

Bon appétit!

Fannie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: