Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Happy New Year
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cigalechanta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Happy New Year Reply with quote

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product|10001|10051|127626|-2;-102001;11441;-102178||P1R13SO|
David

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cigalechante!!! That made me feel really, really good!! Thankl you!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Rainey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I add my own 50s-era Soviet ? ????? ????? (Happy New Year)?

Sarape

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting card from the former Evil Empire.

I'm signing out in an hour for the year. My parents are spending New Year's with me again this year. Old-timers will remember what happened last year when I cooked the turkey with dandelion bulbs inside and used more for a salad all along thinking they were onions.

Jeez, almost killed my father.

This year, we're going out for New Year's Eve.

Also, I plan on submitting my 2-week notice to leave work on Tuesday when I return to the office. Retirement at 46. Hurray. I'm excited and scared at once.

Merry New Year and good eating to all C&Z'ers.
David

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going out is a wise move Russ! Very Happy Very Happy And good luck in your new life.
jenjen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Sarape's cabbage tea Reply with quote

Hi Sarape,

Hope you had time to give your mom a nice cup of cabbage tea before you went out for the Christmas dinner!

Hope you have a great holiday - about retiring at 46 - what on earth will you do all day, you are still so young?

Simona, Is Sarape eligible for an Israeli mail order bride now that he is a retired gentleman of independent means..... do you have anyone in mind for him?

Happy New Year All!
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cigalechanta! what what fun...loved it...toe tappin' start to the year...

We are positively melting here ~ from our local paper:

Sydney has sizzled into 2006.

The city's hottest New Year's Day on record sparked bushfires, caused power blackouts and shut down train lines.

Sydney reached a top of 44.2 degrees at 4.30pm (AEDT), the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) said.

The maximum state temperature recorded was 47 degrees at Ivanhoe at 3pm, while the minimum was 25 degrees at Thredbo at 6am.

....major roads closed...flames of 30 metres...this hot hot land of Oz...I look at the snow/ice images coming from Europe and try to BE there for a nanosecond... Wink it was 48.89 degrees in a friend's driveway this afternoon...

ah, sarape..THE bulbs..indeed I do remember them...my heart went to you after that posting..we've got to know you over these months..

a wish to all associated with chocolate & zucchini in any way...that this coming year will have discoveries to delight your spirits/moments of deep stillness and peace/laughter to make your ribs sore/and taste sensations by the spoonful

thank you all for enriching my days...and especially to the one 'n only Clotilde...my money is still on a film one of these days!...a director in the wings?

apart from the obvious c&z, I wonder about a title...
Debbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, what a cute little giggle that was!

Off to have the first lunch of the year. Have a craving for chilli, so it might have to be some of the cajun spices that came in my BBM parcel with some fresh minced meat and a few veg thrown in for good luck. Yum yum!

Bonne Annee!!
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had too much fun playing games...........drank to many glasses of champagne.......Phil is starting the coffee.

"It's hot ham water."
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Erin, 'fess up...HOW many is too many Wink
Erin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I know by the time I left there were four empty bottles of Chandon. That wasn't all me. My husband and our friend were dipping into the bottle of 25 year old Bushmills...........so that leaves four for champagne.

Possibly a bottle.

I was eating playing games and talking ten thousand miles an hour, who knew?
We had the pate and mousse, but a friend brought something truely addictive. Yummy flaky pastries filled with cream cheese, (soy cream cheese for me) and homemade habanero jelly. It really was a beautiful thing.

"It's hot ham water."
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your honesty is commendable! a bottle? 'tis easily done I've found...friendship is a precious thing..
Sarape

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents survived the weekend with me. No one even got sick.

I plan on giving my two-week notice to my boss in the next 60 minutes. It is 8:30am here. I'm really excited about this. After 25 years as an engineer and another 16 years of school, it is wonderful to think that on 13 January 2006 I'll never have another supervisor or clock to worry about.

What am I going to do during retirement? Cook a little. Garden a bit. Spend a lot of time reading and listening to my collection of 3500 classical-music and opera CDs. Spend a lot of time in my back room workshop building and modifying my hi-fi equipment.

Maybe I'll even put some effort into finding Mrs. Sarape. That's a good idea in theory, unfortunately, in practice Mrs. Sarape usually turns out to be Mrs. Angst.
swan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarape, I congratulate you and I am very jealous of you. I think it takes a wise and balanced man not to be affraid but to look foreward to the time you can spend with and for yourself. Bravo and ENJOY!!! Good luck to you and your plans.
Erin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame,
There was a lot of food involved so despite a raging headache and strong desire to rehydrate I wasn't very bad off, especially since I don't drink all that often. I will say we did leave the car and walk home. Thank goodness it is only around the block!

"It's hot ham water."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: