Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

who has the best login name and/or avatar?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harpospeaking

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: who has the best login name and/or avatar? Reply with quote

We have some of the most interesting login names and avatars on this board. Here are some of my favorites:

Favorite login name and avatar combo: tea leaves (with a photo of stacked tea cups as the avatar) and monkey (with a photo of a rosey-cheeked monkey)

Favorite proper name login: Erin and simona (two beautiful, elegant and simple names)

Favorite avatar: bainst (I fall in love with that little puppy every time bainst posts something)

Most daring avatar: Rainy (manicured feet) and Debbie (sexy, super-glossed pink lips)

Favorite food-based login name: chaxiubao (it means bbq pork bun, one of my favorite snacks since childhood)

http://onegirlonehouse.wordpress.com
swan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I have to compliment Tealeaves for her signature as well:

"Nobody can teach you how to make the perfect cup of tea. It just happens over time. Wearing cashmere helps of course."

I love it!!!!
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two favorite signatures, one makes me laugh the other makes me hopeful.
If you cannot feel your arteries hardening, eat more cheese. If you can, drink more red wine. Diet is just "die" with a "t" on the end. Exercise is walking into the kitchen.

The other

No More War, More of what ever strikes Simona today!

I have to say I never thought of my name as elegant, but thank you. It all stems from my siblings teasing me by calling me Erin Go Bragh, and me not knowing any Gaelic thought it was bra instead of bragh.

Cead Mile Failte!

"It's hot ham water."
msue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite signature is Culinary Fool's:

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the idea of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, caviar in one hand, cocktail in the other, body used up & worn out, & screaming, "WOW, what a ride!"

I've saved it in my collection of quotes. Culinary Fool, I'd love to know its origin if you quoted someone else!
tea leaves

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin, I love your signature "don't touch my knives!"
Also love Chicago Bear's avatar of the cute bear cub...
thanks everyone...Someday I'm going to paint my signature line somewhere in my kitchen. I used to have Yeat's "isle of innisfree" but then we bought our new house.
David

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well needless to say bainst puppy turns me all gooshy inside as puppies always do but I think my favourite avatar is Rainey's toes---so bold!! And a true bit of herself.
Pesto Man's "I would like a gin martini, straight up, olives on the side as dry as my wit, as clean as my consciences." delights me everytime.

And just today I ran across a name that truly delighted me, congratulations CAKE WHORE!!
Sarape

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simona has the nicest name. Rainey has the cutest feet. And Debbie gets the prize for lips that will never touch mine.
Pesto Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, so many good ones...
Debbie's sig has been my absolute favorite, but having just read Cuilinary Fool's I must admit it blows me away!

David, Having been married for almost 30 years (gawd, I'm getting old!!) I must admit that your Sig, is absolutely right on!!!

Harpospeaking's name has a wonderful zen (one hand clapping) image.

Erin. I would NEVER consider touching your knives

I too must confess a facination (fetish?) with Raineys Feet Embarassed

And Sarape, as to you never getting to touch Debbie's lips....it's probably for the best, I've met her husband and he is very big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't touch mt knives is a something I say very often at home. When Phil was growing up he used his mother's favorite knife to trim down the base of a Christmas tree. He told me that story when we first started dating and that was the first time I told him that. After we were married he asked if he could use them but refused to take the oath. No, I'm not kidding. He has used the one of the pairing knives and the utility knife since they are not very important. If he touches my chef, santoku or butcher's knife it's curtains.
This is for everyone not just my husband, never take a chef's knife without asking. We are a friendly lot until that happens.

Lastly, I also agree whole heartedly with David's sig. For our first date Phil has been my best friend.

"It's hot ham water."
Rainey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are making me laugh. The toes are about the only part worth seeing....

I love Pesto Man's and Debbie's sigs. They come to mind immediately but there are so many others that I'll read and smack myself for not remembering. I think David's is wonderfully true and deeply reassuring.

Then, too, I love the Garrison Keillor one that appears below because I remember the whole story that preceded it delivered with his homey voice, great intellect and incomparable heart. With or without the story, it's not bad advice. Seeing it daily reminds me of the afternoon I listened to that story wondering where it would go and marveling at the insight he distilled from it.

Later I found out that Chicago Bear was there in the audience that day listening to the same story. Some time after that, we found out that his sister and I were in the same class in high school. So you never know. You never know. But those few words carry all those meanings for me.
cake whore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David- Thanks, I like your name too...so much that I gave it my second born.
I also share your sentiment on marriage. After 22 years, friendship is what got us through the rough patches.

Madameshawshank- You win the prize for personality! I recently discovered this site after googling springerle molds and it led me to your post. Your description of swirling chocolate in Chocolat...pure poetry! I LOVE reading your posts.

Erin- As a chef and caterer, I completely understand your obsession with knives. I always chuckle when I hear coworkers tell new people "she's really nice...just don't touch her knives"

Rainey- I am GREEN with envy...those feet are made for dancing!
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you Harpospeaking.....Embarassed that photo took alot of shots to get right..... most were rejected as they were a bit too ummm "racey" for a family timeslot... Wink As with Rainey, I think discretion is the better part of valour these days.

I too love Tealeaves avatar and sig.

Honorable mention must also go to Culinary Fool (words to live by), Erin (definately words to live by.... or a good warning anyway), Pestoman (and yes the wit is as dry, but that heart can never be cold.... look to your gorgeous wife!), Alisa (very true), and David (for being so heartwarming and true).

Rainey's toes give me a good giggle everytime. I recall her saying "ridden hard and put away wet" which is one of my favourite sayings for when I am feeling wrung out. Also love the colour of the nails.

Like Erin, mine is made up of things which my husband and I say to each other. I absolutely adore cheese (such a hardship to be living in France Rolling Eyes) and my excuse for a "little more" is that I cannot feel my arteries hardening yet, so no harm done. My husband just tells me to have another glass of red and all will be well. I love my food so much that a restrictive diet is like death to me... hence the "die" with a "t". And of course in a healthy approach to life you must include moderate exercise.... so I walk into the kitchen..... frequently.... Laughing

Lucky for me my husband comes from a Maori heritage and is a big man, who likes the fact that I am no longer model thin. Whew! I have actually been reading him tonights discussion and he is sitting on the couch laughing. He quite likes the sigs also.
simona

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost, thank you for liking my name. My mother does too. And my husband. And there is an awful Israeli song called "Simona from Dimona" ( Dimona is a god-forgotten town in southern Israel) that haunts me since we arived in Israel in 1961. The song is about a fair damzel, black haired and black eyed. I'm short, rather on the heavy side, blonde and green eyed, so you see...
But I did a little research work, and here are the 10 top posters of C&Z since its birth and until this very moment (4th of January 2006, 9.56 pm Israeli time)
1. Rainey ( of course) 969 posts
2. Erin - 681 posts, and nobody dared to touch her knives
3. David- 576 , and his most romantic signature
4. Sarape -413 , I still can't figure this porridge of yours!!
5. Dairy Queen -342 , Where are you??
6.Madame shawshank -302 , the haiku queen of Vegemite land
7.Barbara -281, we all miss your posts, come back soon
8.OK, it's me -266
9. Judy - 241, such lovely flowers
10 Debbie -203 , Hotlips, really daring avatar. Sarape, have courage!

Now I'll go and write down my fvourite signatures, because I don't remember them by heart! But David, yours I remember.

No more war, more posts about what makes us happy!
Sarape

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Dairy_Queen at 342 posts. And she was only a contributor for a couple months. And her posts were master tomes as well.

That is one woman who fits the saying: "A little Dairy_Queen goes a long way."

I wrote to her after her trip to London but never heard anything in reply. She may have gone out like a blaze of glory. Dairy_Queen went all out.
David

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Even in these very difficult times he is still my best friend!

Rainey---trumpets should blare when your 1000th is posted.

I wish DQ would reappear too, could be quite entertaining.

Am grateful at any rate to have the rest of you still here to charm, warm, amuse, delight (and in a few cases even) feed me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: