Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

who has the best login name and/or avatar?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
I'm so sorry to hear about Dick's illness. I mentioned it to my husband, Tom and he understands and feels just like you. He had to do the same for me when I had my brain surgery (a brain by-pass because of an aneurysm) about 3 years ago. With friends and family's prayers and God's blessings, I seem to be quite recovered. Every day that I am alive is a bonus day for me and I make sure I smell the roses each day. Reduced circumstances is easy to get used to. Giving up a lot of material things was easy but I never gave up eating well and am quite happy and content just being alive!
I'll be thinking of you and Dick a lot. Bon courage and like all our C&Z friends, I'll be around if I(we) can do anything.
Lilia
David

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lilia, and congratulations on a good recovery. My most fervent hope for Dick currently is that he be able to eat again. It has been four months now since he was able to eat and it is becoming a bit of an obsession for us both now!!

cheers
D
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
When he is able to have anything he wants, what will you be cooking?

"It's hot ham water."
David

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he can eat anything he wants he is finally going to have his full-all out Thanksgiving/Christmas turkey dinner with alllllllllllllllllllllllll the trimmings! (except for that sweet potato and marshmellow thing some people have mentioned.)
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's all imagine Chef David preparing THE turkey of all time...keep that in the uppermost spot of our imaginations....David, hugs so gentle, on their way for ye both...with love
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David - here's hoping that Dick gets that turkey dinner soon. can smell the wonderful aroma now!

Madame Shawshank - Back to avatars, I get a kick out of yours as it reminds me of my granddaughter (22 months) who'd rather eat marmite on toast than her cereal for breakfast (gets it from her English Mum) considering she is 1/4 Filipino (from me). I love it!

Debbie - I love your lips
Rainey - I love your toes
Simona - I love your Russian dolls
Clotilde - I love youir macaroons - yum...........
Eurydice - I love your creme brulee
There are a lot of georgeous avatars
And to all - thanks for all the posts. It makes my day to read you all!
Chicago Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peoples' spirits come out so clearly from their posts, but they are always influenced in my mind by those tiny pictures. Pesto Man must be green, like a vegetable tin woodman. There's much more to Rainey than toes, but in my head I see these really warm and caring....toes. Simona is intricate and colorful. David and Erin are shrouded in mist because there are no little pictures. Sarape should have a mustache and be Mexican, yet he tries to fool us with a picture of a little mild-mannered harmless fellow. hah! The Australians are all hearty and fun-loving, and have these huge big hearts.
David, I didn't know about Dick either until I saw this thread. Hardship is not passed out fairly in life. My poor brother saw his daughter lose her first child--and his first grandchild--one day before she was due. When he told me, I put down my pencil, and caught the first plane I could find to be with them. I couldn't make it hurt less, I could only help balance what they were feeling with the love I was giving. And that's what I saw in this thread: so much love to help balance your pain. Put mine on the scale too.
simona

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so much agree with you: people's spirit comes out quite clearly in their posts, especially of those posting frequently. Therefore I believe that anonimity is a fiction in most cases: gradually each one of us unveils a lot about him/her/self, about family, work, problems, and of course polical opinions.
Thank you for "outing" this truth.

No more war, more freedom of the spirit!
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C Bear 'n Simona...sniffing back some tears!

hope ya can feel my cyberspace hugs...only the one and only Barbara has felt the other!

hugs to you all...dear dear friends..
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite mysterious. You can tell a lot by an avatar..........or lack of avatar.

"It's hot ham water."
Sarape

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I have the image of Chicago-Bear as a large football player with big bones and a big heart. My avatar is quite like me in person. And I think most people must by now know quite a bit about me from my strange cooking and eating habits. If I were a fruit, I'd be a lemmon.
David

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey sent me a turkey brine mixture before Christmas and it worked well on the bird! I have reserved half of it for Dick's big turkey day!

I don't have an avatar because I really am clueless about these things! But it would probably just be a mischievous big toothed smile so just imagine that when you read my posts--even the less than happy ones.
Rainey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David- I hope I sent the recipe too so you can make it anytime you like. When you see what's in it you can understand why I got so mad at Williams-Sonoma for selling it for $16 a pop!

If I didn't and you want it, just LMK.
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is "hear, hear!" I have met some wonderful supportive caring friends here. Lucky me, I have even been able to meet some of them in person!!!! That is just like "the icing on the cake" (sorry, bad food pun..... Laughing )
Donna

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Rainey,

I didn't fall for the Williams-Sonoma brine mixture (WHO buys that stuff? Rolling Eyes ), but I did purchase brining bags from some catalogue: $14 for 2 bags. They are giant heavy duty zip lock bags and will hold a 20 pound turkey (or a 16 rib crown roast of pork!).

I had read somewhere not to use plastic garbage bags (which I had been using) since they are not manufactured to food quality specifications. The brining bags are great - but thank goodness I don't have to brine large things very often! Too expensive! The one I used for the roast of pork developed a little hole from one of the ribs, so I couldn't re-use it. But I definitely plan on re-using the next one!

And David, I agree with you about the yams and marshmallows - ugh - totally inedible and a waste of a good yam! This Christmas my friend brought the yams - cubed and baked with olive oil, lime zest and garlic! Very tasty. Dick will love them!

I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that the Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner happens SOON! Meanwhile, I send you both my best wishes for a healthful and joyous 2006! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: