Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

"The Proposition" ~ film

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: "The Proposition" ~ film Reply with quote

hi there..after a dip into rottentomatoes.com I notice "The Proposition" is coming to American cinemas (May 5) ~ a limited release..

This is a confronting, graphic, amazingly told story ~ a Nick Cave script as one would expect from Nick Cave. We saw it the day after it premiered in Australia and were lucky enough to see Guy Pearce, Nick Cave, and John Hillcoat interviewed that night at the cinema. A q&a...great stuff even though they all looked as tired as could be...one woman, who was sitting close to the screen, commented that she could smell the film...it's that that that intense. Mesmerising performances from all.

I knew a little of the story, yet still found it breathtaking. It all depends on how you wish to see film. If I had a choice now, I'd choose to know that it was confronting and challenging, 'n then go without knowing any storyline.

A romp in the daisy field it ain't...

If anyone does see it, I'd be interested in your response to it...was about to write of the depth of Pearce's performance, 'n then thought of Ray Winstone's and so on....

Stunning film making...and for those who dabble in rotten tomatoes, the film has an overall rating of 95%.

film

dusty screen story
Cave's mind Hillcoat's direction
imagining this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: