Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

dijon recommedations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlejackets

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: dijon recommedations Reply with quote

hello! been reading C&Z for months now but this is my first post on the forum.
i'm from ireland, but travelling to dijon later this month with my girlfriend's family to celebrate her mother's 60th birthday. we're all foodies and the entire trip will no doubt be very wine and food orientated. if anybody has any suggestions for amazing restaurants or vineyards in the area i would really appreciate it.

many thanks in advance.
David

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlejackets, I so wish I could help you with specific names of places but sadly the memory seems more to hold onto foods and the like rather than restaurant names. That said Dijon is a remarkable little city with a delightful new market building (well it seemed newish in 2001). I remember dining in a older hotel restaurant that served regional Burgundian cuisine and we had an absolutely brilliant meal. I remember starting off with a dish of eggs poached in a red wine sauce that completely blew me away, followed by (what else) one of the finest boeuf bourguignons ever. It was a white table cloth type place and not overly expensive. Another treat was a still-warm slice of tarte aux oignons from one of the many fine small bakeshops along the main shopping street.

And the medieval architecture is lovely to behold. And the people were very friendly and informative. (had an extensive conversation with a cabbie about the Burgundian Separation Movement which I didn't realise existed!)

Not helpful really I know, but I'm just hoping to get you even more excited about your trip. It is going to be wonderful!
gisele

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo....sorry littlejackets, I can't help with any recommendations. However, I would be intrigued to hear about Dijon when you come back! My father's family is from a village just out of Dijon, and I'd love to hear anything I can about it!
aggieactuary

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been, but I've heard that (Brasserie) La Concorde in Dijon is a good place to eat as the locals do, nothing fancy but solid fare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: