Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Forthcoming books of interest
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shop Around the Corner vs. Fox Books.....sad.

I hate that I don't have any independent book stores out here. All of my books are now purchased from 'the man'. My favorite store in Seattle was in some pretty big trouble a few years back, luckily someone swooped in and saved it.
Glad you found your way around them. If I'm ever in Ottowa I'm so coming in!

"It's hot ham water."
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I add my sob that we can't buy online from David, but totally understand the reasons why. Competition is just so tough these days.

One of the things I really miss about Sydney is our local bookshop which was totally independant and staffed by people that became friends. I think that is why you go back to those type of places - they are small and personal and you actually feel comfortable chatting with the staff and you know they will be there next time.

Come August that is one of my stops on our trip back to Sydney. Can't wait.

Unfortunately most of our english language books come through amazon also.... it might be convenient to order, but not always efficient. They sent me the wrong book last week (a book on sociology instead of a book on archaeology?? go figure Rolling Eyes ) after a huge wait, and so now I am off on my trip with no text book..... sigh.

When I was 5 years old I wanted to be a librarian.... imagine how devastated I was when I found out that a librarian didn't actually sit around all day reading books! Shocked quelle horreur! My little aspiration crushed before it even had a chance to grow... Laughing
Alice

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David

Call me stubborn, but I still think you should sell over the net. I am sure that if you have found a market/niche for gay books in the store, the opportunity would be there on the web!

Alice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: