Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Dining Alone in Paris
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elizagard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: paris alone Reply with quote

Emily,

I've travelled to Paris half a dozen times in the past 15 years, sometimes alone. I've always felt comfortable dining alone in the evening except once. That time the service was not great, the restaurant overrated, and filled with nothing but couples and me. But other than that, it has been no problem and always a good experience. If you find yourself not comfortable with being alone, you can try eating early life before 8pm. Paris feels quite safe at night in most areas. I'd stick to the more populated areas with lots of people. If you are out after 11pm, you may want to consider taking a cab back to your hotel.

It helps to know how to place your cutlery to signal that you are done. Tines down with knife across the plate. I usually ask for my check when they come to take the plate. Otherwise, it takes a long time by American standards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: