Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The joy of meeting C&Zers face to face
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am wondering if it's counted if one's daughter meets up with a C&Zer Wink ~ Soph 'n Debbie have met before..in Oz..however this is Paris!!!

I had my phone turned off yesterday..(wedding of the daughter of a dear dear dear pal...by the beach 'n exquisite..waves and laughter and love and scrumptious food and wine and dancing for hours!)

forgot about the phone until this morn...message from daughter Sophie:

"Hi Mum. In line with Debbie to see van dyke @ musee andre jacquemart. Could be a while. Final day. Big smiles and kisses SJK & Debbie"

this gal is so much at home in The City of Light!

'n from Debbie's email sounds like the day was full to the brim with joy...when the word 'Bliss' is in a message there's a certain clue to the day!!

will try 'n upload the photo...here goes...

Barbara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lovely photo Madame. Soph is so like you.
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, that is an understatement!!!!

Every now and then Sophie would look in a certain way or move a certain way and I had to pinch myself that Madame wasn't with me. Fabulous!

We had the best day you could imagine. Wound up in a cafe after the exhibition eating lunch and talking for hours. The time just flew by.

I am feeling very spoilt as I get to have Sophie's company again tomorrow night for dinner. Can't wait.

Anyway, off to dance class now to burn off some excess energy..... Laughing I wish! More likely to burn off some kilos and give me some energy please! I will have no problems being as light as air on my feet tonight as I have had a great week and more joy still to come.
Knifethrower

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Erin and Knifethrower Do PDX! Reply with quote

The evening went by so quickly and with so much gabbing that I failed to whip out the camera and take a photo to post, but Erin, her hubby Phil and I dined, imbibed and strolled through this offbeat city that is Portland last night.

Sharing tons of stories, swapping tales of insanity, laughing and of course, digging into the deeper philosophies and meanings of food, we were up way past our bedtimes and I, for one, had a blast.

I got to spend time with some of the most impressive, fresh minds I've ever encountered, and to talk food and beverage with them was refreshingly comfortable. Being able to discuss food as a medium for creativity, with such easy language between us, was a great relief to me- especially being a culinary student.

In the school environment, I see a good portion of students who are in the game for reasons other than passion for food, and it gets disheartening. Meeting Erin was a great affirmation that those of us who find all food, no matter how primitive or unusual (fishsticks and tater tots anyone?), has a valid place and meaning in the hands of the preparer and in the mouth of the beholder.

Merci Clotilde, for bringing this world a little closer once again.
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Soul Sista and thank you Clotilde!

I wish you all could meet Jen, because she is without a doubt one of the coolest people I have had the pleasure to meet. It was really more like spending an evening with an old friend that a new friend.

Thanks for your sentiments, right back at you!

P.S. After visiting distilleries all day and finishing off the night with that flaming Spanish Coffee, today has found me in a rather tenuious state.

"It's hot ham water."
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Merci Clotilde, for bringing this world a little closer once again."

Knifethrower...what a lovely way to express what many of us have experienced via Clotilde's site..

'n my oh my doesn't THAT get together sound like a rockin' event Wink
Knifethrower

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame, know that your name came up during our evening as "One of the ones we just gotta meet"...

Someday, its gonna be a Chocol-licious Zucchini Fest and we're all gonna party together in person.

Smile
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

methinks a few days... would be fun...magically..all who want to be THERE ..'n meetings and fun and laughter and stories shared and more laughter and food and drink and more stories and star skies of the night...

oh that sounds wondrous..

there's a dear little piece of wonder approaching..Barb will be in Sydney in August for a few days...

apart from the hours I'm looking forward to the hug Smile

look, with all this fancy pancy computer wizardry...soon we'll be meeting in the blink of an eye...

you know..the disassembling of atoms of us or some such think..'n then the reassembly THERE...

as a weirdly iconic shampoo ad gal (Rachel used to be married to Rod Stewart) used to tell us "it won't happen overnight, but it WILL happen"
swan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally re-lived my meetup with David (hi Gorgeous!!) and our wonderful Judy and her husband in New York, while sitting on a plane last week and watching on their ' video on demand-system' an episode of Anthony Bourdain's show, in which he went back to Les Halles in NYC to cook!!!
OMG!!!! Our table! The menu!!!

Any of you travelling to somewhere in Asia soon?!?!?

A C&Z world-party sounds like a very good plan actually...

Last edited by swan on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swan...even the words "CandZ world party" gets me excited!

was thinking one of those web link things would be interesting...at the centre, of course, would be chocolateandzucchini...and from then on...all the wondrous links...any computer wizards out there prepared to take it on Wink
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok pals, how about THIS one...

Barbara's mother and my father will be meeting on Monday!

Barb, along with her mother, and Bryan, will be with us on Monday for lunch. As it happens my papa is staying with us for a few days.

and so the story continues Wink

am imagining you all as well as well can be!
Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a wonderful time Madame. I am jealous I cannot be there with you both.

Swan, I am going to be in Australia in nov/dec...... do you fancy popping down there to say hello??

I am going to look after my niece while my brother and his wife are waiting for baby number 2 to make its appearance. So exciting!

Anyone who has the time etc, I will make an effort to get to Sydney, but will have toddler in tow. Maybe a lunch somewhere?? She is an angel child and will quite happily sit and eat a gourmet meal as she will anything else, so no worries about venue.
swan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb! Keep me posted on your plans!! J.'s business dictates our travel schedule together, which means that our holiday to Australia still isn't planned yet.(neither dates nor destination).
And besides that, this swan tends to travell very well on her own, so I might even fly 'down under' to meet you even if I have been with J. just weeks before. So let's keep in touch about that one...sound like the beginning of a plan...Lunch in Sydney...I'm in!! Toddlers and C&Z-ers very wellcome Smile

Madame, have fun on the lunch, sounds great!
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the gang:

the exquisite cakes from adriano zumbo ~ zillion thanks Barb! my oh myyyyyyyy:

gorgeous day
sun just right!
bubbles to begin
a mama and a papa meeting
a papa meeting B 'n B for the first time

pate and chat at table
Sicilian fish stew, couscous, salad

THOSE cakes!

http://adrianozumbo.com/patisserie.html

how can those hours have flown so quickly?

our home happily welcomed the travellers..

David rang! a conversation on speaker phone!

oh that laugh of yours mr d!

'twas a lovely lovely day...
David

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what a delight it was to be able to have that experience! Oh the wonders of the telephone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: