Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The joy of meeting C&Zers face to face
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day / Kia Ora C&Zers from Judy and Barbara.

This is Judy reporting from Barbara's house. We have just spent a wonderful evening together, eating drinking, and would you believe it, talking!

But wait, there's more to come. ... we're all spending the weekend together, heading up to the Bay of Islands to have a look around. And probably more eating, drinking and talking.

Over to Barbara ....yes more drinking , eating and talking to come. In honour of C & Z I baked Clotilde's chocolate cake for dessert this evening. We'll be taking what's left up north with us I think. Delicious. Judy came laden with wonderful local delights from Adelaide, some of which will also be enjoyed over the weekend. Missing Madame but glad she is enjoying France.
Rainey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A party with Clotilde's chocolate cake! How lovely!

Does eating chocolate mean you're getting better and feeling stronger, Barbara? This is something to celebrate!
Barbara

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey - I'm definitley on the improve. I get a little tired in the evening if I overdo things. I' ve outlasted Judy today though! She's gone off to bed and it's not quite 10.30PM...and in Adelaide time that is only 7.00PM. We've had a super visit with an impromptu visit to the Bay of Islands for the weekend.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/img]

finally!!! 'twas such a fun couple of hours...

Clotilde, Debbie, and Madame...

Jude..I don't know how to enlarge it...technically Crying or Very sad
David

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww come on madame---tell us all ALL about your trip!

pretty please
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame, I tried enlarging it, but it got too blurry. Thanks for sharing it with us, I can tell you're all smiling and were having a great time together.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Donna

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I could tell from looking at the picture was that EVERYONE was SMILING!!!!! Laughing What a giddy gathering it must have been! Two Aussies, one Parisienne and Food - what a combo!

I am so looking forward to my umptieth birthday in February of '07 - and a week in Paris. Any and all C&Z'ers are welcome to join us! Surely by then, one of us will have mastered digital photo enlargement! Wink
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all...only brief times at the computer...tried tried to get a larger picture..might try another time...David, since you asked sooooooo nicely, I added you to the list...

this from Strasbourg....am in Waldi, Switzerland/ late afternoon in Germany/ ...finally, Strasbourg...am a tired little chicken....love to all ...
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess who met Griffin today!

I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sieg and I fly out tomorrow from Heathrow...a final packing needs to be done...after 10 weeks on the go....a simply wondrous time...

However, I simply must share this with you....the meeting of the lovely Griffin. He truly is as he writes.

The plan was to meet at the Sainsbury Wing of the National Gallery at 9.15. He'd told me he'd be in a long grey coat, wearing glasses, ....and that he was tall and skinny. He forgot to add the sparkling eyes Wink

Like a true chocolatier, he presented me with a box of champagne truffles....oh, this will be fun, thought I. Alfair came with him..we three, wait for this....we three, all meeting for the first time! took the stairs to the cafe..for a delicious and delightful hour and a bit we chatted about anything under the sun.....since I'm a portrait junkie...to the Portrait Gallery we walked...(after Griffen picked up some more postcards ~ wait for this ~ he collects a random? batch and writes stories...starts with one, and the next bit of the story is related to the postcard...wondrous word man)...

If you have any spare wishes...or aren't sure about the Christmas or birthday wishlist...here's an idea: have Griffin take you on a tour of the Portrait Gallery....my oh my....does this soul have a passion for fabric..for shoes...I told him I could stand and gaze at painted lace for hours...so he was a lacespotter...Tudor room....various shoes of various kings...the Bronte gals....a section devoted to the Bloomsbury time...Vanessa Bell's painting of Virigina...looks like Virginia was knitting...

Aware of time....to be at my nephew's at 3. Sieg and I are staying with him...and he sweetly said it was ok to have a gathering at his place....the son and daughter in law of one of my dearest pals was also coming..

Train to Baker St station...walk to Seb's...all instantly at home...Seb and Sieg had prepared the food table...white or red wine..or mulled...cheese, olives, bread, ham....conversation sparkled.....one to another to another to another...some in the kitchen..some here...now all together....Seb told Griffin about a wondrous chocolate spread...within two ticks they were off to the shop...Griffin with two jars!

Darlings...I simply must pack....when we get back to Oz I will post a photo or two....

A walk with Griffin, Ben 'n Clare to the station...hugs smiles ..a group photo...the joy of meeting C&Zers face to face indeed...

a wondrous day....
Griffin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a wondrous day... and I treasure the intro without words when Madame looked at me with question marks and I nodded!!

Little Alfair I met from another website and tho' she was quiet, she'd had a lovely day too. Her family are from Trinidad and she was all alone in London, so I said come and meet me... she got lost and turned up a little late so we waited for Madame together... and she told me today that she'd enjoyed being with company.

Seb is wonderful, tall, sweet, and laid back. The wonderful Siegfried has a wicked sense of humour and was a wonderful man. Ben and Clare were lovely - and spooky... Clare and I both went to the same Steiner school... albeit at different times. It was wonderful to see the portraits and for me the clothing, the fabrics the shoes... sigh!

I had a tune in my head on the way home... 'It's a perfect day, I'm glad I spent it with you... oh, such a perfect day...'

Good food, good conversation, gorgeous paintings... a wonderful day indeed. Will miss you Madame and Siegfried... I can only hope we'll meet again on another perfect day.

Oh, and gluhwein... praline spread... fabulous!
Judy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin, come to Australia. You can stay with Madame in Sydney, and me in Adelaide, and we'll find some more C&Zers in other places for you to stay with.

Go on, you know you want to!

Griffin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy,

Once I have paid off my overdraft and got my finances together, I'd love to come down under. I have an ex-girlfriend in NZ too... so I could make it an antipodean holiday! But first I need a job... then I need the money... then I need a plane! ... actually, maybe I don't need a plane... if I harness a thousand swans to a small boat, I could fly there the free-range, organic way!! Razz Tho' you wouldn't want to be under those swans after a while!!
Judy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NZ - you could visit Barbara and Gisele, Griffin.

Barbara

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please do visit us Griffin.
gisele

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur!

Do visit us Griffin!

However, I could very well be in your neck of the woods by that stage, on my OE!!!!

ETA: And then I can start visitng all you wonderful people in Europe!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: