Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Macarons!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itroussel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Macarons!!! Reply with quote

Yesterday evening I watched on French TV (I have the chance to have a satellite dish for that matter) a coverage/documentary on the Macaron Day (that was on March 20)... They showed a zillion different macarons (those from Pierre Hermé, and many others).
It made me feel jealous of those of you who have a chance to live in/visit Paris... please, do taste one for me!
There was this one, made by a pastry chef (I didn't get his name, but perhaps somebody else saw the program yesterday), and that is going to be commercialized this summer, it's the Pêche-Melba macaron... the chef really made it look like a peach! Ok, now I'm drooling just thinking of it...
kassique

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
I did not see the program, but, I do live about 10 mins from St Emilion and they are famous for macarons, quite scrummy they are too. As you walk up some of the cobbled streets there you can smell them cooking!
Kabbles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Macarons Reply with quote

Hi, This is my first post!!! Five years ago I was fortunate to live with a wonderful French Family for six glorious weeks. They took me to Amien and Jean-Michel introduced me to the BEST macarons,(and chocolate), at Jean Trogneux.If only I could find someone who imports these delights to Australia
bbenbzh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: I saw it too last night Reply with quote

What a coincidence. Yesterday afternoon I was at Picard and was considering in buying macarons. After seeing the program last night, I wish I did!! C'est donne les envies, big time!! (pardon my bad franglais) Embarassed Now I have visions of macarons swimming in my head!! Moments like these I wish I lived in Paris.
Lesley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macarons are the best. I love the ones by Laduree.
simona

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who doesn't?
swan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't Smile .

I prefer Pierre Hermé's.....!
simona

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enfin, the war over the best macaroon is here...
Laduree or Pierre Herme? Delloyau or Mulot ? This is the question!!! Tough choice, how more difficult life can be????
I will size this opportunity to make a public confession, for which I believe I'll be banned forever from this ( sweet) forum- or maybe from all the forums forever and ever..
What I'm going to confess is utterly unortodox, politico-gastronomico incorrect, a hideous crime of lese-C&Z...here it comes:
I DON'T REALLY LIKE THE ( oh. I'm soooo afraid...) GATEAUX OF.. PIERRE HERME ( Ouf, I said it, I feeel much better now...and still alive)
I've eaten quite a lot of them, about 7-8 different kinds ( no, not all of them together), including the famous Ispahan, and I find them much to sweet to my taste, as well as oversophisticated. My personal Ispahan's macarons were not crunchy, I found the creme quite bland, but the color was delightful. I recognize and admire the aestetic genialty of the "collections", the chic and panache. I love to Look at the mini art pieces, but I prefer to eat the more simple/classic tastes of Laduree's (and other non-illustrious patisseries).
Well, am I going to be ostracized??

No more war, more macarons !
swan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simona, I SO want to go to Paris with you and have a patisserie comparison-day/week Smile
NewYorkDely

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree....I don't like Pierre Herme either! Too sweet, as you said.

I haven't tried Mulot's macarons...I was thinking of going there today to pick up a torte for lunch, now I definitely will.

I tried some macarons from Arnaud Larher the other day. Flavor wise their rasberry-poppy works really well. Unfortunately, though, their texture is way off.

Either way, I'm so happy to be in a city with such a multitude of macarons to test.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: