Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Way to Get Toasted!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, look at that! On inspection I can see what is really there and how, at that angle, the massing of separate posts takes on a form that looks like statues of the madonna. What's more, of all the nunbuns, grilled cheese and tortillas, I'd say this is the most like what it suggests.

You know, it's a funny thing. When I was little I saw the man in the moon until my great aunt said it was really a Gibson girl (in profile) up there. After she pointed her out, I've never been able to see the man in the moon again. Wink
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Rainy my pal...ready for this...drum roll...

I shook Neil Armstrong's hand!!!!!!!!!

The guys were on their world tour...came to Sydney...guess who took a day off college...saw the big car ...raced up whatever street...to the Wentworth Hotel..red carpet...and those red velvet cords that say don't even think of it...

well, in a nanosecond I did think of it...under the cord...raced down the carpet and shook the lad's hand...then back where I should have been...absolutely unplanned..true spur of the moment thing..

today I would be wrestled to the ground...no I wouldn't ...I wouldn't have been allowed IN the hotel...

so Rainey dear...a few degrees from the moon you are Wink
Rainey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely story! I'm so glad you seized that opportunity. And glad you can remember the time when such things were possible. Very Happy

[/list]
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey Darlin' ...I'll fetch my favourite glasses...'n ask the dudes at the National Gallery of Victoria if I may borrow the Venetian glass flask I so adore....am sure you'll bring a fine wine..

together let's drink to a time when the unplanned running down red carpets is imaginable..

am wondering what wine you'll bring....something moon based perhaps...something red carpetty....something magical I'd reckon..

let's drink and imagine...shall we....anyone care to join us...'twill be a fine time Very Happy

hugs from the actor working so hard at playing funny Wink
simona

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Ok, I give up, it's some sort of catholic humour Laughing which I probably don't understand Confused , I'll try better next time. I'm happy that the days when people were burnt on the stake Twisted Evil are bygone. The tortilla Jesus, Rolling Eyes the Virgin Mary sandwich and toast Wink ,one can see that also as being funny Laughing . At least,this being a food forum, we remain close to our beloved topic... Razz

No more war Evil or Very Mad , beware of burning your toasts!!! Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: