Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

So how was your trip?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: So how was your trip? Reply with quote

meals

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! Could we use a little live blogging, or what?! :: she typed with antz in her pantz::
Donna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we just returned from our sojourn in The city (SF) to meet Clotilde! Cool (Unfortunately, no Maxence in sight.)

Place Pigalle was bulging at the seams with C&Z fans. I met a few - here's a shout out to Shelley, Shelley, Paul & April, and others (whose names I have inconveniently forgotten Embarassed )!

Walking in the bar, it was quite crowded, but I could see a little scrum of folks around a tall, willow-thin, lovely, self-possessed young woman. She was chatting animatedly and keeping everyone amused. We stood and waited our turn to greet her and she was as gracious as could be. I heard only snippets about the trip, but with the exception of Florida, it sounded as though all went well.

We didn't stay long. It was crowded (and smoky, for which she apologized, being unaware that Place Pigalle flouts the smoking laws). We did have a chance to talk to Paul & April from Livermore - who were recipe testers, also. So we shared our experiences of testing recipes - the ups and downs, good and bad. Clotilde shared that the editor is, of course EDITING her book - and wants to take out some of the jokes in the stories that accompany each recipe!Rolling Eyes Excuse me? The NERVE!!!!!!

I mentioned that we would be in Paris in February of 2008 - for a big ZERO birthday and she suggested we meet for drinks - which I will be looking forward to for the next 18 months! And I gave her some Scharffenberger chocolate - just a little gesture of a wonderful California product.

Rainey, I told her that you were so sorry you couldn't make it, and she sends her love. Very Happy

I hope others will share their experiences tonight. It was, again, like meeting an old friend you hadn't seen in a while. Smile Tres sympathique!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pictures

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A smokey California restaurant?! Shocked Calls to mind this story I saw this am http://www.ladowntownnews.com/articles/2006/07/10/special/special02.txt but no mention of actual smoking. Outlaw, indeed! harumph Twisted Evil
Donna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there will be pictures. I had my camera - which had a little problem, so unfortunately no pics. (Memory card not clicked into place, I discovered several minutes after we posed for what seemed like an hour Embarassed) But others had cameras and phones!

I guess most people, including Clotilde, weren't bothered by the smoke. But my DH is very sensitive, so we had to bug out after about 30-45 minutes. Crying or Very sad clotilde had no idea that they allowed smoking and apologized. She said next time she would check. Very sweet! Smile
KitchenBeard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got there around 7:15 and had to take off not too long after that to meet with a client. Wish I could have stayed longer and gotten to talk to more of you.
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

• Who learned something new or unexpected about Clotilde?
• Who found that they had formed an image from her writing that was right on the nose?
• What was the most important thing the rest of us missed?
• What tidbits will you expect to be in her blog entry about the event?
• And what little gem do you hope she doesn't forget to include?
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im so sooooooooorry to miss Clotilde's San Francisco visit. I was out of town and just came back last night. I'm so sorry to miss being able to meet some of you. Maybe another time, another place!
Can't wait to hear all about the cross country adventures and the wonderful people she and Maxence met along the way.
Donna, thank you for the recap of what went on the short time you were at Place Pigalle. Another thing, have you made it to the Fog City News yet for your chocolate degustation? It awaits you.
-Lilia
Donna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilia, I was actually looking forward to meeting you as well, Monday evening. I'm ALSO so SOOOOOOOOOORRY you weren't there!

No, I haven't made it to Fog City News. I did think of trying to stop there Monday, but the DH had an appointment until 5:45 and we barely made it to BART to get to The City by 7:00. But it's summer vacation now, so - as soon as I finish painting my son's bedroom, I will be off to the city for a day of shopping, dining and choco degustation! Thanks for asking! Cool
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna, let me know when you are coming to Fog City - I'll meet you there. I'm available all summer except from Aug. 1-4 (will be roasting myself in Elko NV attending a Tribal conference). Looking forward to meeting you!
-Lilia
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a treat 'n a half...'cept for the smoke..I find it truly difficult to breath when in a smoke-filled room...

smile appeared just then..at the thought of all meeting Clotilde...she has given us all such a gift...merci sweet one...and more thank yous...
simona

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lilia,
What is a Tribal Conference?
Thanks
Simona
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simona,
I work at the US Environmental Protection Agency's Tribal Program Office. We serve the Native American Tribes in the Southwest region (Arizona, California and Nevada) on environmental issues. We have 146 federally recognized tribes in our region. I had been coordinating a quarterly conference/meeting of tribal environmental and U.S. EPA staff to discuss issues being faced by the Native Americans in the reservations ranging from water, air, solid waste, superfund (some abandoned mines that need cleaning up), etc. It gives me a chance to go to their homelands and get a first hand look at some of the problems they are facing. It is sometimes a long, slow process but we are making progress. It is fun, interesting and satisfying work.
-Lilia
simona

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Lilia, it's a very intersting topic, one I know very little about.
You have a really interesting job. I always found it hard to understand the reservations issue, maybe because it reminded me of ghettoes. But it's probably very different. I'd try to learn more about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: