Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Kitchen Confidential audiobook read by the author

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Kitchen Confidential audiobook read by the author Reply with quote

While we were on our recent outback trip, Greg and I listened to this classic foodie 'text'. I had read it a couple of years ago and loved it, then when I found out it was available on audiobook I strongly encouraged Greg to get hold of it (he's an audiobook seller so has good resources to obtain whatever takes our interest).

It's fantastic! Even better than just reading the book. Tony Bourdain manages to inject his personality and humour into his reading even more than via the written word.

I thoroughly recommend it to everyone, whether you have read the book or not.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Donna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy, I doubt it's out in audiobook form, but if you have a chance to get AB's Les Halles cookbook, I highly recommend it. His personality SHINES through! Laughing The introductions to the recipes are tart and funny and even the directions in the recipes are filled with little giggles. It's just brilliant and slightly profane - but it's pure Bourdain. The recipes themselves are wonderful. I have used it for many a meal and have only good things to say about it. It's a classic!
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, got that one, and Cook's Tour and ... umm... the one he just published recently, can't remember the title, and the one about Typhoid Mary. And I love 'em all, haven't read the one whose title I can't remember, it's on the 'must-read' list when I have finished 'Julie and Julia'

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Brilynn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Cook's Tour Reply with quote

I read Kitchen Confidential and found Bourdain to be abrasive and arrogant, but somehow I still kind of liked his writing style. I then went on to read A Cook's Tour and enjoyed it much more... This probably means I'm going to have to read his new book The Nasty Bits...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: