Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

for music lovers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
queenla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: for music lovers Reply with quote

For all those songwriters who want exposure or for those who like to discover new talent or listen to new music I have found this website:
www.betarecords.com
there are no adds, it's free, and you can upload your own MP3s, and listen to thousands of other peoples. It gives you a count of traffic, a blogging site and an email account. i thinks its the best free thing i've seen.
I have uploaded 6 songs, if you want to listen you can go to
www.betarecords.com/georgia.bc
And what's better than cooking to music!
I love Clotilde's cakes and i think making a cake to music is like gin with tonic. I think I might do it now.
And after that, swoon on the feinting couch ( i've just heard the difference between a chaise lounge ( two arms) and a feinting couch (one arm) and it definately is the feinting couch for me: like chocolate and cream.
happy swooning.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

queenla..don't ya just love the word "swoon"

music and food...oh yes!

wouldn't that be a fun game...suggesting a song for a dish...

creme brulee would have I wonder what...maybe it's easier to find the song and then have a dish match..

"Fly Me to the Moon"?..now let me think..maybe a fondue..

"Days of Wine and Roses"...turkish delight!

and one more for fun..

Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay ~ well that simply has to be a stunning platter of seafood methinks..

I wonder if food is aware of music. Wink My brother runs away when I voice such ideas...he says it's better "in the shallows"...still he has, at times, put his toe in the waters of 'I wonder'
Griffin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: for music lovers Reply with quote

Queen La,

Your majesty, I am sure that you will swoon delicately on the feinting couch (feinting or fainting? Given the swooning?) with the back of one hand resting genteelly on your fevered brow... whilst murmuring, 'Oh, alas, oh alas!'

Madame,

Creme brulee would have to be - Smoke gets in your eyes? But Chocolate Fudge Cake or Sacher Torte would definitely be - You were made for me!

And a bird roasting in the oven would be - Ain't nobody here but us chickens. There's a great Cab Calloway song called 'Everybody eats when they come to my house' that rhymes food with names eg, 'have a tomato, Plato, have a zucchini, Jeanie' and so on.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...have an egg, Peg.

have a jelly, Helly (I've a friend, Helen, and she's always Helly to me)
oh the brain does enjoy a workout every so often!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: