Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Believers and skeptics, welcome!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerpale

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

queenla--hi, but please retell that story!
What is "HM" ?
You lived in a house in which a REAL murder took place, or a dream murder?
The lightbulb blew out often because of some otherwordly force?
"..was woken in bed being pulled down it by a man" --someone broke into your house and attacked the new roomate?, or was this a dream that matched the 1st roomate's dream?

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
queenla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gingerpale,

HM stands for housemate.
HM 1 had a dream with dates and details about a man who lived in the house we were renting and he had murdered his girlfriend in our bathroom- this was the info in his dream.
We decided not to tell our new HM( housemate) as we didn't want to scare him and who says any of it was true anyway.
HM 2 moved in and a week later He told us white faced and looking rather ill that he had been woken the night before by a man who was pulling him out of his bed by the feet. He woke up and the 'man' walked out backwards through his door. He had never seen a ghost before or had anything to do with supernatural. I asked him what the man looked like and he described him exactly as HM 1 had seen him in his dream. The hairs on the back of my neck went up and poor HM 2 was so freaked out that he moved out a few days later.
I hope that makes it clearer- sorry for the confusion.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one! The hairs stood up neckwise on me too!

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
sweetbabyjames

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Day of Endurance; adaptable patient deep /struggling obsessive combative. There's one negative I thought I might see, but those three are definitely on the mark, as my husband will attest.

Happy are they who can hear their detractions and put them to mending, right? (<--there, see? Adaptable in action.)

Thanks for that Madame.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a pleasure sbj!

the book is still with me....if anyone is tempted Wink

'n gingerpale...on the paranormal ...here goes:

There's a woman I know who has an encyclopedic knowledge of ancient Egyptian culture...left school at 15 and went on to paid work....a few years back I went with this woman to an exhibition of things Egyptian. It was bordering on surreal ~ as though she knew, first hand, these objects...these giant photos of places...as though she knew what was behind that corner etc...

There's another woman ~ she can channel...I had spoken, on the phone, to her a few times....this particular day I asked her if I could speak with V...I wanted to ask her spirit if she had lived in Egypt at some time...for I was so sure of it! The one who channels goes into some kind of trance...have met her once/delightful sweetly vibrant/reiki massage etc...she lives near the Qld border..."Yes, she's here." "V darling, you've lived in Egypt haven't you." "Oh yes!" "Thought so. Bye!" Next thing said, was the channeller saying to me: "She's very loud!" .....Now my friends, both skeptics and believers, V is the loudest person I know ~ hard to recall a time when she wasn't loud!

'nuff for now...many many experiences...mostly most people don't want to know..either not interested, or threatened ...

however, since the pale ginger started a thread... Wink

now to 'madame down from the ceiling' actions...floor cleaning Smile ..as we're having a "once upon a time" party on Saturday....people staying the night...my husband has made a giant pumpkin coach from cardboard...my old bike wheels...The Three Little Pigs Building Co...he's collected giant twigs from by the river Wink Yellow Brick Road? why OF COURSE....so...to work!

hugs to all..
Sarape

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerpale, please I hope you don't have that unexpected accident. But, if you ever have the chance, I would gladly accept a friendly supernatural visit from the grave.

queenla: you're story is good but it would be nice to have HM3 back for an in-depth interview on the subject. Maybe a third party tipped him off or maybe HM2 told him something.
queenla

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarape,
HM3? who's that?
HM2 told HM1 and me at the same time. It is just one of those unexplained things.
I have a experienced a few of them and I don't have the answers.
Ghosts, wild dogs and flying candles seem to follow me for some reason.
Sarape

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, o'kay, I thought you were HM1, and so on. I understand.
Griffin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Believers and skeptics, welcome! Reply with quote

Madame,

I am November 9th. If it even mentions the terrible events of the Lichtenstein Incident, please don't tell anyone!!! It is probably the day of Struggling... or the Day of Chocolate... with any luck!

The morning my mother died of ovarian cancer (May 10th, 2003) I remember the morning was bright and sunny - the sort of morning she would have woken up, had a cup of tea and gone for a walk. It was as if she had gone for a walk but left her body behind. She always said she'd haunt us! I am still waiting. I miss her a lot, she was an Aries and very funny, sweet and loved kids for their comments!

Being born myself with a hole in the heart and having meningitis before major heart surgery, mum and I were understandably close. She fought for me when I couldn't and taught me how to 'fight' for myself for when I could and when I should. In the sense that I often think of her, she is haunting me and in that way I hope she always will.

gingerpale won't go to the grave... but will just post from beyond... at the age of 120! Now that would be a haunting worth having!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, so much to reply to--I could use a ghostwriter! (so sorry)

griffin--the "Lichenstein Incident?" I googled and am getting very odd "googs". Do you wish to say more, to explain?

Re the deceased coming back--both for scary revenge or loving purposes, if there had ever been one tiny bit of actual evidence! It would be the talk of the world--as good as finding life on another planet. We would all know about it--but we don't, do we? queenla said: "It is just one of those unexplained things" so far, everything HAS an explanation--oh but this will never be resolved, we don't have axccess to all the facts of the incidents. (I'd like it all to be true--how very very cool that would be.) I once asked my Rich (dedicated lover of outdoors/animals) if he wouldn't be delighted to find magic fairies and such when he hikes--he said no, it would be too confusing if natural law could be altered. (He is logic personified) He's also afraid it would scare the dog...

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, but darlings..everything IS natural...all that happens is natural.....all is...might be confusing..unsettling...wondrous...bloody...challenging etc etc etc etc etc etc...still 'n all, what happens is natural...and if it only happens once...same thing..natural..

bit like those flowers that bloom once in their lifetime..if you're there to see it, you believe.....if you're not...maybe you wouldn't....

hugs...off to the rockmelon for breakfast...
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops Griffin darlin'...almost forgot!

November 9: TheDay of Earthly Temptation

physical insistent open/impulsive troubled materially stuck

I reckon chocolate is a grand earthly temptation...which should more often than not be given in to Wink more often than not...ah golly gosh I doth love chocolate...('n zucchini, Clotilde...I also love zucchini)
brighidsdaughter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was raised existentialist, thank goodness, and am naturally skeptical, but openminded. Now I'm a Universalist & spiritual but not religious. I've had a couple of experiences that were interesting.

For awhile, I was in a co-housing collective, sharing a big. beautiful contemporary house. It was said to be haunted by the architect who designed & built it as his residence. We joked around about it, but there was this recurring incidence of going into the hall bathroom to find the basin water running. I was skeptical & thought that it was one of the other housemates playing a prank on our more "believing" housemate. Except...once I was in the toilet alcove, doing what one does there, and the basin was directly across from me. I *saw* the hot water handle turn and water begin to flow. Then the cold water handle turned, as one would do to adjust the temperature. Water ran for about half a minute, then the handle for the hot water moved back to shut off the flow, but the cold water was left running. When I was finally able to move, I went over & washed my hands in the cold water & shut it off. I never again thought it was other housemates playing tricks!

This one is really sweet. My mom was in hospital, with the stroke that necessitated her eventual move to a skilled nursing facility, and at the time she wasn't expected to live. I went to visit her one evening & she said "Oh, you just missed Truman! (my dad who had been dead for 36 yrs.) He came to visit me." (My parents were very much in love & Mom never wanted to remarry after he died at a fairly young age.) So I asked her how he was, and she said he told her he was fine, and that [his 2 dead brothers] were fine, and that he would see her again soon. I really didn't doubt her, and honestly wished I'd been there earlier to observe what had taken place.
Griffin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Believers and skeptics, welcome Reply with quote

Quote:
griffin--the "Lichtenstein Incident?" I googled and am getting very odd "googs". Do you wish to say more, to explain?

Oh I can't, it's too painful to talk about. All I can say is that the two penguins and the rubber bikini belonged to the bishop and were nothing to do with me as I told the judge! ... ahem!

Quote:
November 9: TheDay of Earthly Temptation

physical insistent open/impulsive troubled materially stuck

Ahem, who me? Earthly Temptation is definitely me!! Wink Unfortunately, so is materially stuck... sigh. But once I get an assistant curatorship... I'll still be materially stuck! Oh good grief.

Chocolate is a temptation and as Oscar Wilde said, "There is only one way to deal with temptation and that is to yield to it." Which is why I have two small bars of Green & Blacks Maya Gold in my pocket. I do love my chocolate, to the point where I am now famous for it at the Castle museum in Nottingham.

Brighidsdaughter,

I'm an atheist, but only partly an existentialist. Like you tho' I am a natural skeptic. I believe in ethics and compassion rather than religion. I think it is a human responsibility to be ethical and compassionate - however tough that is!!!

I've had ordinary 'miracles' happen to me tho' when I was young. When I look back it is very hard to not see destiny in action.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we've just had census day....I find it curious that so many tick the whatever religion they were christened, yet have no belief in that system as adults...

so when the figures are released, it's so and so many hundreds of thousands of such and such religion...yet it's not so...statistics Wink

a hypothetical I'm rather fond of...my invention to boot!

on a given weekend, all those attending a religious service (we're talking worldwide here) are asked to answer a question..it's anonymous....

the question is: "Why are you at this service?"

I imagine the answers would be startling...given that it's hypothetical...

anyone care to imagine some of the answers?

until I was brave enough to say to my parents, and brother, a priest, that I no longer believed as they did....I used to attend out of fear....the unacknowledged fear that they wouldn't love/speak to me/be angry etc etc etc etc....I attended out of fear....as a child? habit I guess...it was what we did as a family...

hugs to all ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: