Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Blog Awards?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Blog Awards? Reply with quote

Does anyone give an award for well-designed blogs? Seems to me that apart from the content (which is superlative) and the look (which we all know we wish we could eat up) C&Z is a very well-designed blog.

Everything you want is right there on the page in an uncluttered, interesting way. She's got the content — always interesting, always well-written and beautifully illustrated. She's personality to spare. She's got the interactive forum with a link to the most current converstaions. She's got the index of recipes which, alone, makes it a jewel. She's got a blogroll that's the gold standard for excellence. She's got resources for converting ingredients and dining in NYC, etc. that would make her blog a valuable thing by themselves. She's got her moblog which is like dessert — a sweet note on top of satisfying and complete fare.

And all of it is offered attractively and accessibly. What an accomplishment! I can think of other blogs I consider essential. I can't think of one that I consider better.

PS I've checked and I don't see awards listed on the blog (but surely there are food blog awards I'm forgetting and Clotilde is too modest to tout). What can we do to get this blog the recognition it deserves outside the food community?
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhpBB is the company that designed this forum ??

I like C&Z because it is smooth soothing schmoozing, visually.

Some sites are just as annoying as TV can be.

The awards that exist, don't they include design as well as content?

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deste

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, visual things are not rated highly enough. I imagine style is taken into consideration when awards are given in categories of different kinds of food blogs, but it's textual content that gets singled out the most.

Is there an award for photography? I know James Beard awards in food publications go to photography in a separate category, but not the overall design of the book.

I wonder if professional associations devoted to Graphic Design have given awards to any food blogs.
Rainey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, right, right!. But my point is, beyond the context and appeal it's soooo useable and complete in every respect. And I wonder if folks outside the foodblogging world have any idea what excellence it represents?
Deste

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

National Public Radio and *Elle*, etc. have wider audiences.
sweetbabyjames

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came across a monthly contest, Does My Blog Look Good In This?

http://grabyourfork.blogspot.com/2006/08/dmblgit-and-winners-are.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: