Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Dessert with no name!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sneakychocs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Dessert with no name! Reply with quote

A few weeks ago, I made this dessert which my friends still rave about. It has no name, you call it as you wish, any suggestion is welcome. It might seem complicated but it is not. Serves eight people.

The day before you prepare:

1) Chocolate mousse (my recipe but you can use yours) :
100 gr dark chocolate
100 gr. milk chocolate (you can use 200gr dark or milk chocolate)
8 eggs (10 if they are small)
Break the chocolate in pieces and put it in a double boiler, low burner, until the chooclate is completely melted;
break the eggs and separate the white from the yolks. Once the chocolate is melted, add very rapidly in the chocolate one yolk at a time, until it becomes creamy (4/6 yolks according to calibre). Beat all the whites very firm and incorporate it slowly to the chocolate.
Take 8 individual bowls and fill them (half) with the chocolate mousse. Put the bowls in the fridge.

2) Creme anglaise (my recipe but you can use yours):
½ liter of (whole) milk
4 eggs (5 if small)
4 spoonful of sugar
200ml of coconut milk
Boil the milk. In the meantime, separate the yolks from the whites, and mix the yolks with the sugar. Pour the milk in the yolks slowly, stirring constantly, then put it back on the stove on a double boiler and stir until the cream thickens (not too thick though). Put it aside and let it cool off for 20 minutes. Add the coconut milk, a little at a time; if you like a strong coconut taste, use the whole 200ml, but you can use less. Transfer the creme anglaise in a carafe, cover with plastic film and place in the fridge.

D-day late afternoon you prepare the fruit salad:

1 pear, 1 peach, half a melon, a small basket of strawaberries, and one small basket of mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, gooseberries, boysenberries, white/red currant, whatever you can find) - but you can use any fruit you want - 2/3 spoonful of liquid apple sugar (regular sugar will do too), and some fresh mint.
You rinse thoroughly all the fruits, peel it and cut it in small dices (except for the berries of course), and put all the fruits in the bowl. Add the sugar and stir delicately. Cover with plastic film and place in the fridge.

When dessert time comes, take all the ingredients out of the fridge (chocolate mousse, creme anglaise, fruit salad, fresh mint). Place some fruit salad in each of the 8 bowls, on top of the chocolate mousse, cover with the creme anglaise, and decorate with a few mint leaves.

Et voilà. Hope you enjoy...we did! Wink
gingerpale

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name it after yourself! "Maria My Sweet", or something like that.

Fresh sweet fruit, under "English" cream, over a French chocolate concoction, hmmm-- there's a name in there somewhere!

You could tell your guests it's "The Best Thing You'll Eat Today."
Very nice recipe, thank you!

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
sneakychocs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions Gingerpale. Actually while I was working on that dessert, I was thinking of.....a better world, where people don't fight anymore but mix together smoothly as a nice, sweet dessert!
Rainey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice thought, sneakychocs. I think that's what people want to do and that it's governments and entrenched power & economic interests that don't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: